MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
I've seen a couple of other threads about this. It's a resistor change that makes the car think its running in cooler air. The plus, more power. The minus, possible detonation or potential engine damage. That seemed to be the gist of the other threads.

-Eric

Might not pass emissions, either...

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
With my mini I personally wouldnt trust any company that has pictures of the fast and the furious on it with neonesque lights flashing... but meh, thats me.

Todd

·
...where´s the any-key?
23,182 Posts
I wouldn't risk it either.

If something sounds too good to be true it generally isn't.:(

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red&blackS said:
With my mini I personally wouldnt trust any company that has pictures of the fast and the furious on it with neonesque lights flashing... but meh, thats me.

Todd

LOL!!!!!

·
Registered
453 Posts
I may be wrong but it would not work for us anyway because MINI engines are actually made by Chrysler. ( Must admit, i did not read ALL the article)

·
hey lightbulb head....
1,305 Posts
dont risk it! if anyone says u can add 20bhp for £4.95, u just generally dont believe them! and in this case just dont believe them! it can damage your engine because if the resistor fails then your ecu will make your cylinder timing wrong and just blow up the engine! go with the one click or superchips option for around 300 quid! these are new maps that are put into the cars ecu, and have been tried and tested with good results! altho to be honest i would rather keep the standard ecu values and just go down the exhaust and induction kit route! which i have done! good luck anyway what ever you decide to do to your car!!

if its immense power your after save your pennies and get an s which would be about the same on insurance as standard as what a modified one can be! or even save even more and get a jcws in future, if your lucky enough and your insurance permits!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
notts04chillimini said:
dont risk it! if anyone says u can add 20bhp for £4.95, u just generally dont believe them! and in this case just dont believe them! it can damage your engine because if the resistor fails then your ecu will make your cylinder timing wrong and just blow up the engine! go with the one click or superchips option for around 300 quid! these are new maps that are put into the cars ecu, and have been tried and tested with good results! altho to be honest i would rather keep the standard ecu values and just go down the exhaust and induction kit route! which i have done! good luck anyway what ever you decide to do to your car!!

if its immense power your after save your pennies and get an s which would be about the same on insurance as standard as what a modified one can be! or even save even more and get a jcws in future, if your lucky enough and your insurance permits!
Cheers Notts,

Iv got the stage 2 Superchip now, immense power for a 1.6 n/a. Prob gonna fit a Play Mini exhuast and some kinda enduction.

Im 18 so an S is out of the window!

Bryce.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts