MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway I can get 210rwhp with basic bolt-on?

Here's my plan:

05 JCW upgrades
Power Chip upgrade
Alta air to air intercooler
Schrick Cams
SuperSprint header
SuperSprint metallic cat
Webb Motorsports throttle body
Webb Motorsports polished intake manifold and intercooler runners
Quaife LSD
UUC Stage 2 ltw flywheel/clutch

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm not 100% aware of the products you mention, but with that amount of work you should be looking at sizeable gains from the MCS.

Probably 230+ at the flywheel.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sorry but I have to say it, 210rwhp is impossible as the MINI is front wheel drive

r = Rear
w = Wheel
h = Horse
p = Power

Having said that 210Fwhp should be easy enogh with that list of mods is the 05 JCW not 210 hp anyway :confused:

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
ya beat me too it Fontal :D oh i think the JCW kit is 210bhp not at the wheels

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
Sounds like you are doing some neat mods there sir!!

Add a reduction pulley to the JCW supercharger and you should be singing along...;)

Todd

·
Mini Mod
9,227 Posts
onasled said:
Not sure why you would want to include the JCW upgrade with this type of mods. For the price, it's not a smart move and with this $$$ you could just do a good aftermarket head and pulley and have a bunch extra $$ for some suspension work.
No to the JCW!
Yea I'll second that.
With the difference in price you could throw in a new head( like onasled said.... hey that rhymes :) ) cat back and bigger injectors to your list and probably still save money.
Your warranty will be ****-up any way so why get the JCW.

·
Registered
8,876 Posts
FONTAL said:
Sorry but I have to say it, 210rwhp is impossible as the MINI is front wheel drive

r = Rear
w = Wheel
h = Horse
p = Power

Having said that 210Fwhp should be easy enogh with that list of mods is the 05 JCW not 210 hp anyway :confused:
r=right
w=wheel
h=horse
p=power

:D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Sure...

With all those mods, I'm sure you could get the power, and if you dyno it in reverse you could claim 210 rwhp!

:D

RM

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
Red&blackS said:
Sounds like you are doing some neat mods there sir!!

Add a reduction pulley to the JCW supercharger and you should be singing along...;)

Todd
pretty sure i read somewhere that you cannot replace the pulley for a smaller one on the JCW

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
bkwalker said:
pretty sure i read somewhere that you cannot replace the pulley for a smaller one on the JCW
Sure you can, but why spend all that money on the JCW Kit if you're going to muck with the supercharger ... or the cylinder head :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry guys, I bought the car used, I've been driven rwd since day 1, first time ever in a fwd. The reason why Im want to go crazy with JCW cuz Im so used to my E46 M3, would like to do something to keep up with my M!

·
Dating my S
587 Posts
S1monLM said:
Sorry guys, I bought the car used, I've been driven rwd since day 1, first time ever in a fwd. The reason why Im want to go crazy with JCW cuz Im so used to my E46 M3, would like to do something to keep up with my M!
u can get similar results with ecu, 15%, intake and exhaust probably gets you close to jcw claims anyways

you want pure power? you get BBR's 275hp kit, or psi/helix new twin charger kit, suppose to dyno close to 300

1 - 17 of 17 Posts