MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone we're mini fans currently on our fourth Mini gone through the range Cooper, Cooper D, Cooper S coupe, Cooper 5dr.

We've recently beocme a one car family. And are considering a Clubman for our next Mini. I like idea of extra space for my fishing tackle. We're slightly perturbed about the performance we will be getting an Automatic. What do people think do they find it has enough poke to keep up with traffic? What are people's overall opinions is the MPG decent. Are you pleased with the car in general?

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
Hello everyone we're mini fans currently on our fourth Mini gone through the range Cooper, Cooper D, Cooper S coupe, Cooper 5dr.

We've recently beocme a one car family. And are considering a Clubman for our next Mini. I like idea of extra space for my fishing tackle. We're slightly perturbed about the performance we will be getting an Automatic. What do people think do they find it has enough poke to keep up with traffic? What are people's overall opinions is the MPG decent. Are you pleased with the car in general?
what age of car

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

what age of car
It will be a new car. Currently got a 2016 5 dr cooper Automatic which we love.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Petrol or Diesel? I first had a Cooper D hatch, I now have a Cooper D Clubman, both manuals with the earlier PSA engine. Performance is slightly less sprightly on the Clubbie due to a bit of extra weight, but not annoyingly so, and fuel consumption is about 2mpg less.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
It will be a new car. Currently got a 2016 5 dr cooper Automatic which we love.
hybrid i would say best for all round and future proof, if have solar panels on your house another bonus when charging them day time

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It will be a petrol done do the mileage to warrant a diesel these days. Didn’t know a hybrid clubman existed. Don’t have solar so it might be a false economy.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Petrol or Diesel? I first had a Cooper D hatch, I now have a Cooper D Clubman, both manuals with the earlier PSA engine. Performance is slightly less sprightly on the Clubbie due to a bit of extra weight, but not annoyingly so, and fuel consumption is about 2mpg less.
Didn’t want to feel it was gutless that’s our concern on the performance. You’re with a Cooper S but can’t justify the extra running costs.

·
Registered
5,524 Posts
It will be a petrol done do the mileage to warrant a diesel these days. Didn’t know a hybrid clubman existed. Don’t have solar so it might be a false economy.
below link worth a lot, would be surprised how well they do go with both systems on electric motor has so much more torque than any engine. where would same in economy 7 charge battery at night worth looking in to. also the future of petrol and diesels are a gamble with this muppet governments random ideas, if i was buying a new car i would be looking future what the car will be worth, diesels have just taken a big hit on values petrols are also
https://www.mini.co.uk/en_GB/home/range/mini-plug-in-hybrid.html

·
Registered
5,524 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that's escalated quickly. Mrs C took the car in formbrake pads this morning and sat with a salesman for a chat whilst waiting for the car. He's come out with an absolute belter of a deal on a Cooper s Clubman for the monthly payment we'd had a quote for a Cooper in October. Even better we've now got a Clubman Cooper S on the drive that we can take back on Saturday for an extended 48hr test drive. Had a little drive and it's a lovely motor. It's raised a couple of questions.

We've speced it for comfort pack and the Nav XL pack and a heated windscreen.
Question is does it come with the mini logo from the windscreen as standard. And is their any way just to spec front parking sensors? It would really useful. We're very excited and just going to sign the paperwork on Saturday

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well that's escalated quickly. Mrs C took the car in formbrake pads this morning and sat with a salesman for a chat whilst waiting for the car. He's come out with an absolute belter of a deal on a Cooper s Clubman for the monthly payment we'd had a quote for a Cooper in October. Even better we've now got a Clubman Cooper S on the drive that we can take back on Saturday for an extended 48hr test drive. Had a little drive and it's a lovely motor. It's raised a couple of questions.

Question is does it come with the mini logo from the windscreen as standard. And is their any way just to spec front parking sensors? It would really useful. We're very excited and just going to sign the paperwork on Saturday

·
Registered
5,524 Posts

they are desperate at the moment to clear stock as the brexit 29th march is going to be a hard year for car dealerships, might get even more off by pushing them work one against another say been to honda and can get a better deal than they are offering what can they do to sweeten the deal more, or pick on a ex demo car that they have already taken the hit on maybe, believe me its a buyers market at the moment, one thing would say if order a new one need to amke sure its not going to be effected by the brexit and whats going to be built etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

they are desperate at the moment to clear stock as the brexit 29th march is going to be a hard year for car dealerships, might get even more off by pushing them work one against another say been to honda and can get a better deal than they are offering what can they do to sweeten the deal more, or pick on a ex demo car that they have already taken the hit on maybe, believe me its a buyers market at the moment, one thing would say if order a new one need to amke sure its not going to be effected by the brexit and whats going to be built etc.
This will be a factory build. The discounts on the quote are considerable. More than happy with the price the main rival was a Polo GTi but didn’t have the build quality of
a Mini. Car will be delivered before the end of March that’s what they told us they want it in this financial year.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Deal has been done £1 a month on the original quote.

Clubman Cooper S Classic in Thunder Grey with black roof and wing mirrors
With the following options ticked

Nav Xl
Comfort plus pack
Heated windscreen Screen
H&K speaker upgrade

Roll on the end of March

1 - 15 of 15 Posts