MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed a "cigarette lighter" style power outlet in the boot of our R56 Cooper-S (2011). Currently, it doesn't have any kind of plug or cover - should there be one? And if so does anyone know what it might be called, to help me search? ;-)

Thanks,

Steve

· Registered
193 Posts
I just noticed a "cigarette lighter" style power outlet in the boot of our R56 Cooper-S (2011). Currently, it doesn't have any kind of plug or cover - should there be one? And if so does anyone know what it might be called, to help me search? ;-)

Thanks,

Steve

I bought a couple from a Chinese supplier, but they don't fit properly and fall out.

· Registered
1,302 Posts

I bought a couple from a Chinese supplier, but they don't fit properly and fall out.
Simple enough part to copy and make and yet still doesn't fit (n).

And yet people still buy cheap Chinese parts for critical car parts :D.

· Registered
49 Posts
Cork from a wine bottle maybe ? If that's too small try a Champagne cork - a bit classier. :D

Should be blanked off if you're not using it regardless - if anything metal falls in then it's going to blow a fuse.

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.