MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MINI2 Loon
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I have a problem with my MCS (April 07) and wondered if anyone else has had a similar isues?!:confused:

When I started my MCS last night on the drive, the warning "beep" sounded and a warning trianlge came up - (looked like a steering wheel with and exclamation mark). The steering was also extremely heavy. However, when I turned it off and restarted it, it was fine.

My husband drove it - very carefully with me in our other car behind, to Cotswold Mini this morning and they've just phoned to say that they are having to replace the whole steering wrack, which they will do tomorrow!

Has anyone else had this problem?

I didn't notice anything unusual driving it recently and it just seems so odd it happened on the drive - still, better then than going around a corner on the road! Only done 9k so far in it so it hasn't even had it's first service yet.

Interersted to hear your thoughts

Cheers

xx

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yep, I had this problem, along with seat belt, ABS, airbag warning lights, failure of the speedometer and fuel guage.

The dealer diagnosed the problem to be a problem with the ECU, and a rear selt belt sensor.

I haven't had any similar issues since, but am experiencing other intermittent problems with the key/stop/start button.

I'm quite annoyed, to put it mildly.

·
MINI2 Loon
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh my goodness - what a catalogue of problems you've had!

So far - and I'm crossing my fingers with this - I haven't had any other problems with this MCS or the two other Mini One's I've had in the past! I hope this isn't the start of them though.

I'm not surprised you are "slightly" miffed!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts