MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2005 Mini 'S' with a six speed manual transmission. Under the bonnet the power steering fluid reserevoir says....CHF 11S ONLY. I live 175 miles from my closest Mini dealership. Does anyone have a clue as to the aftermarket equivalent of this fluid, assuming their is such an item?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Newbie, Questions On Terminology

I am very new to this site. I purchased in March, 2008 a 2005 Red Cooper 'S'. It shows a July, 2004 build date. I believe that this is one that has had the 'facelift.' It has just over 8,000 miles on it. It is out of warranty. I recently took it into a local ( Britich owned and operated) shop near the town where I live for an oil service, antifreeze changeout ,new air filter, new cabin filter. I was reading a blog by a member that was having some diffiulties with her Mini. One of the suggestions was to change out the 'BPV.' What is the BPV and what does it do and how do I know when it is time to change it out.? Another piece of terminology I have seen used is something called a 'MOT.' What is that? I purchased this car off of a Honda dealership's lot for US $21,000. It is loaded. The only items I can think of that it lacks is the rear fog light, navigation system and anything by JCW. I purchased a Magellan Maestro 4250 NAV. system and installed it myself.
Again , I am curious as to what the 'BPV' is and what is a 'MOT'?
Thanks
Steven
[email protected]
California

1 - 3 of 3 Posts