MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I drive an 03 Mini cooper and have just had to shell out on a brand new power steering pump, after only driving 29K miles. I bough the car brand new and its 5 year warranty has just run out.

I have noticed on this forum that this is a common complaint with the old generation Mini's and some people have been successful in getting Mini/BMW to contribute to the cost of the new pump. I had it installed in a private garage but the pump was bought direct from BMW, what are the chances of me getting some financial assistance? Furthermore, who should i direct my complaint to? MiniUK or the BMW dealership i bought the car from?

I have taken note of the advice given by Nuerobeaker but any further advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Tough one but I doubt that MINI will help since the work was done outside of their shop. Had you gone to MINI and complained they may have helped a little. You did get 5 years on a pump so I would think that wear and tear is a good term to use on that item. I've had pumps go sooner than that on other cars.

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
I guess you spotted the advice too late, very unlikely anything can be refunded now but always worth a try. (perhaps a discount on a future service or something?) With your cars low mileage and recent warranty you would almost certainly have only had to pay the labour charge with the new pump supplied free by MINI UK.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts