MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that a lot of you guys have had a chance to live with your Mini for a while, Id be interested to know how practical a Mini is in everyday use - e.g., how does it cope with a large shopping trip, whats access like for elderly parents, things like that.

My wife is thinking of buying a Cooper, but shes concerned that it might be difficult to live with on a day-to-day basis, despite the fun factor.

Boring topic, I know, but if we can get this concern out of the way, there will be no excuse left not to buy one !!

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
COOPERation said:
Welcome Aiden...I don't think that the MINI is the car that would meet your needs...sorry but you really don't fit in here either... :D

;) Congrats again on 10,000
Yes, I suspected it wouldn't be the right car for me after all........... ;)

I think I better stick with that Skoda Fabia Iv'e been thinking about............ :)

And this is a strange place........... :p

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Paul Mullett said:
I find that access to enderly parents increases when you own a MINI, as you're more likely to want to get in the car and see them. It also allows for faster escapes if they get a bit tiresome.

The MINI itself is pretty poor with shopping, however when I go to large shops in the MINI, it copes better than in small shops, where often I have to fold the wing mirrors in, or even worse, get out of the car, to gain access to certain isles.

She's probably right.

Sorry I didn't reply sooner, let us know how you get on!

Paul
:)
PMSL ! :D

Yes , I certainly will let you know - thank you for addressing my concerns.

You must have been speaking to my wife, how did you know that she is always right ! :p

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you Jim, I may very well contact those people, I am sure they will help make my decision easier.

And thank you for the tip on Shamster, I had heard that he has a very dubious hairstyle.

·
Wandering....
40,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
MINImeat said:
Very impractical car.
Been wanting to get rid of mine for a year now, but thought I'd trash it by flinging it around corners at insanely high speeds first.
Also, waiting for the kids to grow to the point where they can't get out and I can let them go along with the car.
Hard work, but I'll keep at it...
Stick with it !

Jim, I'd say thats about right !

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.