MINI Cooper Forum banner

Pre Irish Job lll Meet (friday night social?!) 5th Sep 08

2K views 22 replies 9 participants last post by  nylo 
#1 ·
Well the Irish Job is almost upon us, again! ;)

and by judging the interest on the irish job lll thread, It looks like there is going to be a good turn out!

A few of us have been talking about a possible meet on the Friday night for the people that are already in NI on the Friday afternoon/ evening?, again nothing is confirmed as yet, this is only to see if there are people out there that may be interested to head out for a few bevvies or possibly karting? before the irish Job which will be kicking off on the saturday morning from portadown.

if you will be in NI and would be interested in meeting up for a mini2 'social' then feel free to tell us what you think?

again heres the link to the IRISH JOB lll THREAD to keep you posted with whats happening over the weekend!

http://www.mini2.com/forum/uk-irela...rish-job-iii-sat-6th-sun-7th-sept-08-a-6.html

#8 ·
JP.... as C said, the seagoe isn't far from DP's, but its wedding season, which makes it difficult to get a room..

the armagh city hotel is pretty good, reasonably priced, and only 2 miles from me, so if you were heading out on the fri night you have a free taxi ;)

#11 ·
me and nylo were talking about this over the weekend. If v, jules etc Is staying in Bangor then we think it would be good to head out somewhere to eat. Its always easy to get a meal in Bangor so reservations wouldn't be important!

Then possibly to jenny watts upsatairs bar for a few drinks? They have good music, you can sit n chat but yet still bop to the choons! Def one of my favourate chill out places! Think nylo agrees??!

What time do you's arrive in belfast at V?

#12 ·
Vickie gets in mid afternoon, as will Jules probably, and Nina and Katie about 8.30pm, so not sure how that would fit for food...

I think Jenny Watts is only appropriate after several stiff drinks Dean :p We could start off in the Salty Dog (not been in it yet, but bro says it's lovely) or Betty Black's - at least show them that Bangor does have the odd ncie place to go :p

#14 ·
sorry just home, was using stipd iphone :rolleyes:

yeah i just thought it may have been good to head for something to eat etc, but if ppl are getting in at all sorts of times then it would prob be better to just see what happens, and i guess youre right C, we should start at the good bars and never know may end up on the old karaoke in some backstreet bar! lol:p

#21 ·
Tim, Have you had a look in the actual run thread, the one you posted in originally? The first post has all the details for the run.

We're meeting at David Prentice MINI in Portadown at 9.30am on the Saturday, and there are details about eating in Londonderry on the Sat night and stuff :)

As for the Friday night (this day next week :D:D:D) there is no definite plan at the moment, but as there are a lot of people going to be based in and around Bangor (me, Dean, Colin, vickietots, ShaunSheep Jules, NickyJ :)D), and Vickie's sis and her OH, we are thinking of going for a few drinks in Bangor. Don't have any more of a plan than that at the moment :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.