MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im specing out my car.. cant decide which would do me better..
i want sun roof! but then i want sports seat..
wat to do.. wat to do.. what hab u guys got when tight on budget? :confused:
and when ordering car, they check ur credit first right? AND when do i start making payments?

·
Can't wait to order one.
42 Posts
I didn't have much of a problem with packages since I ordered none. :D

The S comes with the sport seats, and I don't want DSC, so i'm ordering mine bare and added a few options. :) Forget packages.

·
What's this button do?
568 Posts
happihana said:
and when ordering car, they check ur credit first right? AND when do i start making payments?
If you're truly on a budget, you might want to consider what could be added later. Sunroof has to be done at the factory. If you really wanted to, you could add sports seats later (not cheap, but possible, and I know people on here have done the JCW seats in non-Works cars). If I were truly trying to make as cheap a MINI as possible, I would spec out the stuff that had to come from the factory (DSC, SS+, if you want) and add the rest (wheels, fancy stereo, for example) later.

AFAIK, they do a "baby check" of your credit when you test-drive the car (one reason they photocopy your license). Your other payment stuff (and how your credit is handled) depends on how you finance the car. Obviously, if you pay cash there's no credit check and you pay immediately. Otherwise, you'll probably have a payment after a little less than a month (our experience, anyway). They didn't check our credit when we ordered the car as far as I'm aware, but the $1000 down-payment probably helped that...

-Eric

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just picked up my MC today.

Definately go for the following packages:
1. Premium
2. Winter/Heat Package (if you are anywhere where weather goes below 32F)

Also add the stability functions if you want, I think the rest is fine as is.

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
happihana said:
What about just getting the seats and sunroof as stand alone options? $800 for sunroof and I dont know how much the seats are... might come out really close or a little over a "package price" $1300 then again.. can you get seats for only $500?

·
Obsessive Not Compulsive
413 Posts
Sport seats can be had alone for around $300 - that's a good buy.
Forget the sunroof and go for the sport suspension @ $500.
Who needs packages - the sport pkg. adds wheels that are 8 lbs. heavier per corner - what's sporty about that?

·
MINI Owner!
415 Posts
For my Cooper I got the Sport Package, not the Premium. This wasn't much of a debate for me. I LOVE the sport seats and the wheels. I though I was going to regret not getting a sun roof, but there's nothing I regret about this car. However, I did get the Multi-Function Steering Wheel which I HIGHLY recommend, and it's only $250. So there you go get the Sport Package and the MFSW! Perfect!

·
M5 Extraordinare!
6,796 Posts
MINNOW said:
the sport pkg. adds wheels that are 8 lbs. heavier per corner - what's sporty about that?
Personally for me.. The looks... other than that ya the wheels are dang heavy! :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts