MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I test drove an MCS yesterday and loved it. It was a 2004 commemorative with 440 miles on it. With the exception of a lack of off-the-line performance, it definitely was the most enjoyable among the few different cars I test drove (Turbo Miata & VW R32). Problem is that the dealer is charging a $3000 premium over MSRP with no negotiation. This is stealing to me.

What are all your experiences? Did you pay, how much and did you negotiate it?

Thanks.

·
Canyon Mini
310 Posts
I ordered my MCS from Scottsdale Mini....

:redblack: I'll pay MSRP. I wouldn't buy a car from a dealer that has that many miles on it, even if it was at MSRP. It's important to break in a Mini properly and with 440 miles you don't know if it's been over reved. :redblack:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I'd be on the list for an '05 to be delivered in October. The '04 Commemorative is not what I want and they are using it as a tester!

Thanks!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK. In my calls thus far, no dealer in Southern California will sell at MSRP. The premiums range from around $2k to $5k. Thus, I need to find a dealer, even in another state that will be willing to sell at MSRP and has units coming in. I'll just fly there and get it and drive back.

Please give me suggestions on good dealers to work with!

Many thanks.

·
Professional Flirt
341 Posts
Dealer close to Cali @ MSRP!

Rassmussen in Portland, OR is selling at MSRP. 1-866-747-6464 I used Mikkel and he rocks. ;)
Only problem is there's a big waiting list. But I know that they do have an '04 commemoritive sitting in the showroom floor now! I don't think it's been driven or driven much if it has been. I'd suggest giving them a call and seeing what you can swing with them.
I ordered Tony through them and love 'em. Plus no markup! Granted I had to wait 9 months for my MCS, but it gave me time to save up for a huge down. :cool:

:blblack:

·
Multi-MINI-Maniacs
645 Posts
We picked up our 2nd MINI a couple weeks ago. Classic MINI in Mentor OH does not charge a premium. And Julie Saxa there is the best MA to work with. She picked us up from the airport and when we got to the dealer, our gorgeous JB/JB MCS was sitting on the showroom floor between 2 commemorative MCSs. (They might still be there) Great experience all the way around with Classic.

Drove the car home to California and had one of the best road trips we've ever been on. We wouldn't order again from CA dealers (MINI #1 was from Assael) unless they sold for MSRP.

Go for it!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Skatemom said:
We picked up our 2nd MINI a couple weeks ago. Classic MINI in Mentor OH does not charge a premium. And Julie Saxa there is the best MA to work with. She picked us up from the airport and when we got to the dealer, our gorgeous JB/JB MCS was sitting on the showroom floor between 2 commemorative MCSs. (They might still be there) Great experience all the way around with Classic.

Drove the car home to California and had one of the best road trips we've ever been on. We wouldn't order again from CA dealers (MINI #1 was from Assael) unless they sold for MSRP.

Go for it!

Skatemom,

Thanks for the second vote of confidence, and a great one, for Classic Mini. I tried to get them today, but they may have been closed. I will try them tomorrow. I also spoke to Paul at the dealership in Tacoma, WA and he was quite helpful. No premium, but a long wait. So, I will try Julie and she what she says.

You may have read that I have tried a few other models/makes in deciding on a MiniCS. Today I tried a Subaru STI. An incredible car. Very fast, stable, solid and really appealing, but, mpgs are pretty bad and I think the console would fill with tickets!

I will update on our progress and hope to add another Mini to Ojai. Looks like I'll need to start OjaiMinis.com.

·
a.k.a Handsome Rob
2,955 Posts
Long Beach MINI is at MSRP but a long wait. Roadshow MINI in Memphis is a great one. II was going to buy from them but my number came up at LB MINI. Premimums is nothing but legal extorsion. Despite some problems I have had I still love this car. Another problem however with So Cal dealers is that the service deparments SUCKS! I have been to three different dealers so far and evrytime they either don't fix everything I requested or just don't know what they are doing. These three dealers are, Long Beach MINI, Bob Smith MINI, and Universal MINI.
Tavis1 :red:

·
Registered
733 Posts
East Bay MINI

I bought my MINI from East Bay MINI in Pleasanton, CA.
they sell at MSRP.

When I put my deposit down for my MINI Cooper in early September '03, it was a 4-5 month wait for a Cooper, and 10-12 month wait for an S.

I took delivery of my Cooper at the end of January '04.

My MA was terrific. I really enjoyed the experience of buying from East Bay MINI.

·
vroooooommmmmm
174 Posts
Andromcs said:
OK. In my calls thus far, no dealer in Southern California will sell at MSRP. The premiums range from around $2k to $5k. Thus, I need to find a dealer, even in another state that will be willing to sell at MSRP and has units coming in. I'll just fly there and get it and drive back.

Please give me suggestions on good dealers to work with!

Many thanks.
mlebeau is with me in the August production group and he lives in CA and ordered from Classic Mini in OH. But he is having his shipped to him (maybe he didn't have time to fly out and drive back). Apparently even with the cost of shipping (up to $1k) it was still less than the premium he would've had to pay, plus he gets his MCS in 2-3 months from order, not 12 months. I think Mini of the Hamptons offers the same deal. Godd luck! :D

·
The S stands for speed!
260 Posts
Ok,

Going in to the deal, I knew that I was going to pay $2500 above MSRP on the car. $995 of it was little things that reall only add up to a couple of hundred $ of gimme things (floor mats $95, Wheel lock $31, Sunshade maybe $50, trunk mat $50, cup holder $35. So what are we up to $261? There might even be some other things that I forgot.) I guess to me the biggest thing is that I only paid $500 above the $995 for an Cooper S. Long story short, they forgot to charge me for over $1000 in acc's plus install. I came home and checked the numbers and sure enough, the acc's where not on the bill. Now, some people may ask, "Don't you feel guilty that you cheated them?" HELL NO! Dont you feel cheated for getting charged above MSRP in the first place? I call it score one for the little guy! That being said, I absolutely DO love my car.

Motor on

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
minibat
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing