MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Waiting for Works Clubman
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to recall reading something here about the press being able to get their hands on a Works Hatch late May/early June-ish.

Well, it's late May/early June-ish now - does anyone know if a press car has materialized, and when we can start reading a hands-on review?

·
Loving his JCW!!!
274 Posts
I'm not looking forward to that! What if the reviews are bad? The E-diff system terrible, etc! I think i will take the reviews with a pinch of salt. The press pick up on such minute handling inefficiencies that few people driving day to day will be troubled by.

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, I *am* looking forward to the reviews. If the e-diff is pants and the car performs like a dog, Thanks to MINI UK I have *plenty* of time to cancel my order. Every cloud has a silver lining ...

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
Well, I *am* looking forward to the reviews. If the e-diff is pants and the car performs like a dog, Thanks to MINI UK I have *plenty* of time to cancel my order. Every cloud has a silver lining ...
Surely though, what the journos say isnt always right?! :puzzled:

A journo might think its 'pants' but if you were to drive it you might think its great!!

Remember its all personal opinion, not whats written in black and white!

·
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Change the frigging record mate!! :rolleyes:
Not a chance. If MINI UK are going to make a series of bone-headed decisions, I'm going to keep complaining about them. Otherwise manufacturers think that it's OK to behave like muppets, and we'll be straight back in the same situation as the 70s - when companies like BL produced rubbish and expected people to buy it, because it was somehow their God-given right to expect decent sales figures.

I'm only buying a MINI because they got everything so right with the R50/R52. But if they expect *me* to remain loyal to the brand, the brand has to keep on delivering a product I want when I want it at a price I'm prepared to pay.

·
You've just been totalled
6,860 Posts
Surely though, what the journos say isnt always right?! :puzzled:

A journo might think its 'pants' but if you were to drive it you might think its great!!

Remember its all personal opinion, not whats written in black and white!
Exactly Jo ;) Our old Sorento got good press, but never great - If anyone could find a brand new £20k Diesel Auto 4x4 that would do 110mph+ across Germany (in silence) and still cut it off road and have very little body roll in corners - I would like to see what they come up with :)

Don't believe everything the journos say - Use them as a guide only, then take your own opinion when you see/drive the car first hand ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haven't seen anything in the press yet, guess it must be soon as we are getting closer to launch day ... anyone know what the press plans are and when we will see some reviews appearing ?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I was supposed to go but family emergency meant I missed it, the launch was all this week at Donnington.
:eek: Hope everything is OK with the family. Does this mean we have to make do with the car mag reviews, or are we you likely to get a JCW to play with sometime soon? I found you past reviews to be well worth reading, not to mention spot on with the opinions I later formed of my own Minis.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts