MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any views/experiences with different brands/types of pressure washer? I'm considering buying one and have only ever used a borrowed Karcher some years ago.

I need to know if it's worth paying more for the big brands and also the sort of features to look for. Plus, best places to buy 'em? Halfords have got £50 off a Karcher at the moment which is what set me thinking about it. That and the constantly filthy state of the road around here.

·
Registered
164 Posts
ricardo said:
Anyone got any views/experiences with different brands/types of pressure washer? I'm considering buying one and have only ever used a borrowed Karcher some years ago.

I need to know if it's worth paying more for the big brands and also the sort of features to look for. Plus, best places to buy 'em? Halfords have got £50 off a Karcher at the moment which is what set me thinking about it. That and the constantly filthy state of the road around here.
On my current car I stripped the silver coating off the inside of my driver door mirror, so make sure you have a way of varying the pressure and start low!

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I use a Karcher washer & havent had any problems with it at all :)

K

·
0 Posts
I have recently bought a refurbished Karcher 550M from these guys:- http://www.lloyd-jones.com/store/cleaning/cwpwd.html

It looks to be quite a good model for the money with a proper steel pump that should last a while. Pressure and flow-rate are good, more than enough power for car washing. It also has a built in soap container so you don't have to mess around with soap attachments.

M.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Pressure washers are great for removing all the large dirt. They still leave a surface film of dirt though. You then give it a quick wash with a large sponge and bucket of car wash liquid to finish the job scratch free.

I avoid the front grill area as pressure washers can bend the radiator matrix. I am also careful around the windows and locks. Its not good to force water through the rubber seals.

·
Registered
5,722 Posts
I tend to wash the car first with the pressure washer. I then use some car shampoo & give the car a good old scrub. Then rinse it off with the pressure washer. Its best then to use some 'sheeps Skin' :) :) to buff the car up & get rid of the water marks :)

·
Blast from the past !
1,309 Posts
I had a Karcher but didn't run the water out of completely after using it - stored it in a garage - frost came along and knackered it - be warned:(

Got one now with an adjustable pressure on it which is MUCH better means you can clean radiator / lights around rubber seals etc on low pressure then turn it up for the main bodywork

1 - 10 of 10 Posts