MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi

my bonnet had a few stone chips so i ordered some touch up paint from preston hall mini,,

ordered it on a friday it came on tuesday, applied paint on wednesday, later to realise when it was dry they gave me the wrong colour,

they gave me astro black, and my colour is black II.

so i rang them, they sed bring the paint back to the showroom, and take the car 2 the bodyshop, where they will remove the paint and with the new paint they provide cover it up. took it in on the following friday, said paint would be there by tuesday, so i go tuesday pm, paint is not there, the service department then tell me the paint has to come from germany, because apparently " its a new paint ". this is not true because it is a SOLID BLACK. my car is a 55 plate, so this is the older shape.

i think im getting the **** taken out of me, or mini havent ordered the paint on the friday.

what are your views?

cheers

·
*Merry Prankster*
20,778 Posts
there's a damn good reason they are normally referred to as "Preston Hell" ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
same situation to me. i took my mini back to dealer to repair, they always have difficulties to the delivery from DE. then mess up their repair schudle.

this reason may be a standard reply from mini if they have difficulties.

i think if it is true, that is a big problem with mini. as customer's time is more value than the paint. i took my car to replair 3 times to repair same problems. :puzzled: everytimes parts not arrived.

·
Banned
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it has now been 4 weeks since my order for paint was made,

called today, and the paint is still not there,

was told that it is a new paint from america, mini wont release this new colour yet.

BUT my car is 2005 MCS solid black, so there is hundreds of these cars with this paint,

apparently it will be in stock tommorrow i dont think so some how

1 - 4 of 4 Posts