MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick message to see if anybody knows the price of the JCW Air Filter for my Sept '04 Cooper, including fitting (in £). I was looking for the air filter with the JCW logo on the air-box if you know the one i mean, but mini don't seem to have prices on the site. Thanks,

Andy.

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes i have a feeling it's part of the sound kit, as shown on the international mini website. However, i was hoping that i could buy the air-filter separately as i don't want the exhaust that also comes with the sound kit. Is there another filter available thats not part of the kit? I've seen pictures of a cone filter.

Andy.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hi,

I hope you mean the new JCW airfilter that everyone owning a stock MCS can install. If so, I can confirm that my BMW dealer ordered 10 air-filters last week so these must be available as separate, stand-alone products. The price the air filters are offered at is 398 Euros (in this special promotion my dealer is currently running).

Cheers

CCLSC

·
Lohen
9 Posts
If you are after the price then you bes bet is to contact the dealer who sold you the car they are the ones most likely to know. I'm not sure who would be manufacturing the kit but my guess is that its made by Pipercross, as they make the kits for the JCW S and the challenge Cars. if you are worried about the warranty then you best bet is the JCW stuff as you will keep your manufacturing warranty.

If however you are not conserned about the warranty then there is a number of options that you can go for:
1- Pipercross Induction kit which retails at about 90 pounds.
2- Pipercross Viper kit - 250 - but very good gains especially if you want to do more engine mods like chip,exhaust and ECU
3- GruppeM (if you have money to blow)- amasing kit using a K&N filter inside a fully carbon fibre air box and v. good gains like with the viper kit

4- Any other kit from the likes of K&N, Greeen Cotton, Alta, Rouge Engineering, and anything you really want it all really depends on what you are after POWER or LOOKS.

Give guys at lohen a ring they can sort you out - 01785 761300

·
Tyre-R Owner
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the advice, still awaiting feedback from my mini dealer about JCW parts :)

Andy.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mike,

Does your MCS have the works kit on it ? I was told by my dealer that the part was
not available standalone and only available as part of the full works kit.

Do you have the part number any more info.

Thanks

Perm

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'll ask.

In the meantime, pick out a John Cooper Works Tuning brochure at your dealership and go beat the muppet in the parts department senseless with it.

In the now slightly dog-eared brochure you'll find it listed as a standalone option for the S, along with the sports exhaust.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.