MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a March 07 Cooper S with the stage 1 engine works kit fitted. Its quite simply one of the best drivers cars that i have owned.

I toddled along to my dealers the other day to tentatively enquire about changing it in a couple of months to a Factory Works. My illusion was shattered within 20mins.

To get a Factory Works with similar spec to mine would be just over £26,000.

I was told that the cost to change would be £12,500.........possibly as low as £11,500 if i was to order soon (add an extra £1,000 for a private sale).

As ive said before, my Min is superb in every respect and i dont suppose that i would feel any different about driving around in the new one BUT, theres no way its worth the cost to change.

Its always been said that, you never recoup the money spent on options but when you consider the cost of a new one with a few bits and bobs, you stand a real chance of losing at least £10,000 in the first year.

As im about to come into a small amount of money soon.........ive been looking at a second hand Aston V8 and this will now be in my price range.................and i will have no hesitation in leaving the Mini fold then but for now, im just going to enjoy my car for what it is...but still feel sad that when you put your thinking hat on, cant help thinking that BMW are trying to cream too much goodness from my/our soup!

·
R.I.P MINI2
17,651 Posts
You're not alone Tony :(

This is being seen more and more now as the basic rules of Supply & Demand shift more and more towards the supply end of the scale...

·
Registered
20 Posts
You will loose money on every car.I have bought 61 new cars and the only one that didnt fall in value was my first R50 mini .I exchanged it for a cooper S in 2002 and got what I paid for it. My biggest losses have been on the loaded big ones --Jaguar, Porsche and Mercedes.The best have been Mini, Bmw and Audi

·
Registered
565 Posts
i have traded in a April 2007 mcs with just chilli and aero kit and got 14k which i didn't think was too bad i was looking at pricing sites and if i had bought a 19k ford focus last April it would now get 8.5k

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
I know two people who had Aston V8's new twelve months ago and neither have them now, from what i know they seemed to be getting about 12 miles to the gallon.If you have lots of money to spend running the Aston though I have to say they do sound fantastic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts