MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings,

Does anyone have pricing information relating to the options list from the updated www.miniusa.com website?

The sites a lot more informative now and as I'm waiting to put my order in I'd like to know which direction makes the most sense for the options and or package combinations.

Thanks,
Dave

·
Registered
930 Posts
Dave,

Rumor has it the MSRP and option prices will be announced in a couple of weeks at the Detroit show. That's what I've heard anyway.....

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
minimienymo said:
Greetings,

Does anyone have pricing information relating to the options list from the updated www.miniusa.com website?

The sites a lot more informative now and as I'm waiting to put my order in I'd like to know which direction makes the most sense for the options and or package combinations.
As mentioned, pricing will be announced at NAIAS. I found a post listing NZD prices and thought it might be interesting to convert them to USD (1NZD = 0.416USD) and then compare them to the cost of options on BMWs:

Item ........................... NZD .... USD .... BMW
Mini Cooper S (base price) ... 44,900 ~ 18,700 ---- N/A
Leather Seats ................. 3,400 ~~ 1,400 -- 1,450
Sunroof ....................... 1,900 ~~~~ 790 -- 1,050
17" S-spoke ................... 1,300 ~~~~ 540 ---- N/A
Xenon Headlamps ............... 1,300 ~~~~ 540 ---- 700
Harman Kardon Sound ........... 1,200 ~~~~ 500 ---- 675
Automatic Air ................... 840 ~~~~ 350 ---- STD
Dynamic Stability Control ....... 760 ~~~~ 320 ---- STD
Metallic Paint .................. 495 ~~~~ 205 ---- 475
On-board Computer ............... 400 ~~~~ 165 ---- 300
Park Distance Control (rear) .... 200 ~~~~~ 85 ---- 350
Navigation System ------------------------------- 1,800
Steptronic Automatic Transmission --------------- 1,250
Heated Front Seats -------------------------------- 500

The NZD PDC price seems awfully cheap.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Thanks for that, MINIAC!

Yes, I agree in that the prices for NZ seem quite cheap. I don't think we'll be lucky enough to see any of the options priced under US$100 in the states (i.e. PDC...). AFAIK, PDC (rear only) and xenon lights usually costs around $500 each in the 3 series. Hopefully the US options will cost close to that in NZ... :D

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
KarmanS said:
Thanks for that, MINIAC!

Yes, I agree in that the prices for NZ seem quite cheap. I don't think we'll be lucky enough to see any of the options priced under US$100 in the states (i.e. PDC...). AFAIK, PDC (rear only) and xenon lights usually costs around $500 each in the 3 series. Hopefully the US options will cost close to that in NZ... :D
You're right about PDC, it's 350 on the 3 series and I changed it in my previous post. Bi-Xenon is offered on the 3 series for 700 and Xenon low-beam goes for 500 on the 5 series ... not sure what the MINI will have.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks miniac and karmanS. I'll post some pictures and prices from the LA show. I'm thinking of the following:

Cooper S
Indi Blue or BRG W/ black roof
Sunroof (I am in So. Cal after all)
17" Wheels
Harmon Karden Upgrade
DSC
$21,000 (Approx.) Sounds reasonable!

Not sure about the Leather seats or Xenon headlights - seems like another 2 grand is a lot to add to the price.
Does anyone have an opinion as to the value of the additional cost for automatic/climate control air conditioning? Even though there aren't really that many options on an "S" you could easily get carried away.
If you guy's ever priced a Subaru WRX on www.carsdirect.com
it's crazy - you can actually put on over $10K worth of options!

Have A Good Holiday Everyone!
Dave

·
Loves MINI2
855 Posts
Any idea about Cruise Control? That is one thing I have to get that you didn't mention.
I am going to Detroit for NAIAS, so if there are prices there I will be sure to post them when I get back (unless someone already beat me to it, which seems to happen more often than usual).
Happy Holidays :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
minimienymo said:
Thanks miniac and karmanS. I'll post some pictures and prices from the LA show. I'm thinking of the following:

Cooper S
Indi Blue or BRG W/ black roof
Sunroof (I am in So. Cal after all)
17" Wheels
Harmon Karden Upgrade
DSC
$21,000 (Approx.) Sounds reasonable!

Not sure about the Leather seats or Xenon headlights - seems like another 2 grand is a lot to add to the price.
Does anyone have an opinion as to the value of the additional cost for automatic/climate control air conditioning? Even though there aren't really that many options on an "S" you could easily get carried away.
If you guy's ever priced a Subaru WRX on www.carsdirect.com
it's crazy - you can actually put on over $10K worth of options!

Have A Good Holiday Everyone!
Dave
Not that I could afford it, but have you priced a Porsche Boxter? Base price around 40K, options add it up to 145k. Not a typo.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
TimR said:

Not that I could afford it, but have you priced a Porsche Boxter? Base price around 40K, options add it up to 145k. Not a typo.
Sorry to be skeptical when you say "not a typo" in the same posting in which you misspell the name "Boxster" ;) , but are you saying that you can add about $105,000 of options to a single car?

Is that with the 24 karat gold plated body option? :D

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
The base price shown for the S of 18.7k can't be right (of course I would love for it to be so). That sounds too much like the expected base for the standard cooper. As for option prices, I don't have a clue. Does anyone else feel that the 18.7 must be wrong???

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
MiniMiller said:
The base price shown for the S of 18.7k can't be right (of course I would love for it to be so). That sounds too much like the expected base for the standard cooper. As for option prices, I don't have a clue. Does anyone else feel that the 18.7 must be wrong???
Yes it must be wrong. Two calls from my dealer this week indicated that the pricing for models equipped for the US market will be what we have heard it will for several years now: specifically, under $18,000 for the standard Cooper with the S being about $21,000.

Additionally, the "around $18K" figure appears on the new miniusa.com site (under Ways to Pay) as the expected price for the standard Cooper.

·
Registered
62 Posts
BruceK said:

Sorry to be skeptical when you say "not a typo" in the same posting in which you misspell the name "Boxster" ;) , but are you saying that you can add about $105,000 of options to a single car?

Is that with the 24 karat gold plated body option? :D
Point made. At least I did not say Porche. And yes, that's 100,000 plus in options give or take. http://www.carsdirect.com/build/options?zipcode=98424&acode=USB20PRC021A0&restore=false

This is the build section, and I thought MINI had a long list.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
options options...

to get their cars more personalised, porsche owners may choose from a list of more than 100 options. Besides the usual technological options like PSM (porsche talk for DSC) and extras such as bi-xenon headlamps, most of those options consists of cosmetics extras (i.e. carbon, wood, aluminum, full leather trims for the interior, matching color carpets, color to sample paint, etc...) which they charge loads for. There's even an option to put a porsche logo on the wheel center and on the headrest! :eek:

check out this "build your own" Porsche page and see what I mean:
https://secure.pageweavers.com/cgi/porsche/build_boxster

·
Sham's apprentice
721 Posts
I would personally go bonkers if I had to choose among that many options. I have a tough time at restaurants with extensive menus. I'm thankful the MINI does not have THAT vast a number of options - Just enough I think.

I'm going nuts just waiting!!! Come on MINI. Get here!!!:eek:

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts