MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, i know there's been loads of other threads on this lately so sorry for bringing it up again! I'm trying to update the software on my MK4 (DVD) factory sat-nav but i'm having a slight problem.

I've downloaded the V31 software, extracted it and burned it to disc. Now when i put the disc into the DVD drive under my seat it makes noises like it's reading the disc, and the mini logo comes up on the nav screen, but then it goes blank and flickers, and then the mini logo comes up again and then that sequece repeats itself over and over again...i never get anything come up on the screen to say that it's updating the software or anything....

Could anybody shed any light on what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi guys, i know there's been loads of other threads on this lately so sorry for bringing it up again! I'm trying to update the software on my MK4 (DVD) factory sat-nav but i'm having a slight problem.

I've downloaded the V31 software, extracted it and burned it to disc. Now when i put the disc into the DVD drive under my seat it makes noises like it's reading the disc, and the mini logo comes up on the nav screen, but then it goes blank and flickers, and then the mini logo comes up again and then that sequece repeats itself over and over again...i never get anything come up on the screen to say that it's updating the software or anything....

Could anybody shed any light on what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance,
Jamie :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Burn the disk image at a lower speed on a good quality disk.

Thanks for the quick reply. :smile: When you say disk image, do you mean i have to burn the software as an "image disc" rather than a "data disc", because when i try to burn the V31.nrg file as an image disk, it doesn't actually recognise the nrg format as an image format?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some links on this thread, the first link I posted I saved to desktop, Nero automatically kicks in when you click on it. I then just changed the burning speed to lowest number possible.

http://www.mini2.com/forum/mini-cooper-s/162260-sat-nav-help-version-updates-etc.html
Ah, i don't actually have nero, so maybe that's the problem...i'm just using the bog standard toshiba burning software on my laptop. I'll get a copy of nero and then try burning it again like you've suggested.

Other than that does anybody know of anything else that could be the problem?

Thanks, Jamie. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorted it out today, bought some decent quality CD-R's and re-burned the disc, now it's all updated and running well, 5th time lucky!!!

Thanks for the help guys, ALD0 in particular :)
Jamie.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts