MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Red and White
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The problem began with the alarm randomly sounding. In addition to this the doors unlocked themselves and the driver side window kept opening and closing.

This is down to a fault in the driver door. Apparently the replacement parts have a design fault so BMW Germany need to rectify this and ship the working parts to the UK (no lead time available at present).

Has anyone else had a problem with the driver door? This has affected a friend of mines mini and I'm a bit worried about the fault happening to mine/others.

Cheers
Lisa

·
Moderator & Sponsor
358 Posts
Lisa said:
The problem began with the alarm randomly sounding. In addition to this the doors unlocked themselves and the driver side window kept opening and closing.

This is down to a fault in the driver door. Apparently the replacement parts have a design fault so BMW Germany need to rectify this and ship the working parts to the UK (no lead time available at present).

Has anyone else had a problem with the driver door? This has affected a friend of mines mini and I'm a bit worried about the fault happening to mine/others.

Cheers
Lisa
Do a search under 'doors' or 'ECU' or better still, take a look at the 'mystery openings' thread. The problems is, unfortunately quite well known by now and has caused a few members on here to reject their cars rather than have one that's possessed..:(

·
Registered
330 Posts
Lisa, you're in the right place to find out whats currently known about this problem.

The (rather large) thread on 'Mystery doors and openings' may prove illuminating.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts