MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where the off switch is for that automatic gadget in the headrest that activates on the open road? The one that take the sides of your mouth and staples them to your ears. I really need to get this sorted before my wife thinks I'm up to something.
Answers on a postcard to:
Mini_me
10 Miles of Smiles
Grinsville

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did wonder about the general discussion but thought faults and fixes needed a lift :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Switch not in MINI

I have found the switch you have been looking for??
It is fitted to the rear of a very old ford sierra, it is only visible when the said car is driving at 40 mph in the outside lane of a duel carriage way with a speed limit of 70 mph:D :D :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
The old Minis suffered extensively from this fault, too.

Maybe BMW have decided to build-in this fault intentionally?

It does seem to be much more prevalent on the driver's side headrest. From time to time, the front passenger's headrest has the same problem, but it's much more intermittent. I've seen no evidence that the rear seats have the same problem, so maybe the fix is to sit in the back? :p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well said old chap

I also have noticed that this does not occur with the passenger side of the vehicle, I have tried by leaning across and driving with my head on said side, dammed difficult old boy, maybe this is the cause of the car pulling to the left, damm, drat, just realised I am in the wrong bloody forum to discuss this, god dammed moderators will be after me now, anyway, bandits at all o'clock, tally ho!!!!!!:p :p :p :p

1 - 7 of 7 Posts