MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, hopefully you can help me.

I got my cherished 07 mini last weds, and had one of those ipod things fitted whereby I can change the songs on the ipod through the little buttons on my steerting wheel, but it seems to only work for a few songs, then when I press the steering wheel button to change tracks, although the numbers on the radio display change, the song stays the same.... I have to turn the ipod off and on again to get it working again, and it'll work for a short while (I'd say 10 presses of the button) before it stops working again.

If I unplug the ipod it "hangs" on the mini screen and I cant turn the ipod off, I have to do the re-set thing by pressing the middle and top button at the same time for a few seconds until the apple appears.

One thing I have noticed is that my ipod seems to set itself to "repeat", and I have to turn this setting off every time after I've re-set it.

Sorry this is all a bit waffley, I'm not the best with technology!!!

Any ideas?? Is this more likely to be an issue with my ipod or the adapter thing in the car, I don't want to look like a numpty when I take it back to mini to get it fixed.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When you say 07 do you mean 2nd gen mini with the radio display in the speedo? What ipod?
ummmmmmm :confused:

I have no idea. The radio display is on the radio.... I've got a computer thing with a button on that I press to see how much petrol I've got left and how fast I'm going. God, sorry, this is embarassing. It was registered in March 07, give me another clue???

I've got an ipod nano, that's 1st generation I think, the flat, long slim one.

Sorry, I'm rubbish at this... I just know the car looks cool :redface:

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Ah okay. It should work with the older nano - late ones can cause problems.
First make sure the firmware in your ipod is up to date - if it is & still giving issues then its off to the dealer

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah okay. It should work with the older nano - late ones can cause problems.
First make sure the firmware in your ipod is up to date - if it is & still giving issues then its off to the dealer

Thanks Mikey, do you think my mini is a 1st or 2nd generation based on what I've told you??

I might do that thing where you wipe your ipod off completely and re-load eveything, start from scratch.

Thanks again :)

·
I'm avin 'oops
1,225 Posts
lify up your bonnet and on the wing there should be a build date that should tell you what gen the car is

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, can you help? I've just bought my wife a New Ipod Nano and it won't work in her series 2 Mini Cooper. Her old Nano (thin Black) worked great, being controled from the steering wheel. Thecan is registered in Dec 07.

Regards

Paul

·
Registered
369 Posts
Try resetting the software on the iPod (by holding down the centre button and the play button simultaneously until the iPod screen goes blank). My iPod had a problem when I added lots of songs to the playlists; everytime I put it on random it would play a song or two and then go mad (the track numbers kept going up but nothing played) so resetting the iPod software (NOT the music) solved that...Hope that helps!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts