MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i got a mini cooper with an mk4 dvd unit in it and usually wen u open the door ie unlock the car, the screen turns on with the mini logo and wen u turn the car on the sat nav goes into the main screen.

lately that initial screen turn on with the mini logo isnt happening and the screen now takes about 1-2mins to turn on. Although the sat nav is working behind the blank screen cus wen it turns on, all the buttons iv pressed to 'wake it up' have registered and i end up in the consumption section of the sat nav lol

I have just updated the software on the sat nav to v32 so now my software says sw 4-1/00. now i saw the mini logo come up for a bit so was happy. thought i fixed it. came back to the car, unlocked it and the same problem is happening

whats going on?

thanks

·
MMC Member
14,017 Posts
Your car battery is about to fail... We NAV owners get the luxury of being warned by this happening to our NAVs.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol iccccccccccccc. thanks da flake, always got the answers. I read ur post about that unit u can buy and makes the ipod come thru the sat nav. just wandering, whats actually needed? the device, the alpine cradle nething else?

will it work with my mini: oem sat nav, h/k speakers with boost alpine cd player?

many thanks

·
Registered
664 Posts
Replace your battery as soon as you can. It can die suddenly when it finally goes. For a couple of weeks, I noticed my Nav getting slow to start up (10 to 15 seconds); then one morning the battery didn't have enough power to start the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your car battery is about to fail... We NAV owners get the luxury of being warned by this happening to our NAVs.
Is this still the case as i just tested and the volts still come up at 11.96 and have the above problem. Sorry if this is a silly question .
Many thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts