MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else out there encountered problems tracking their MINI through the WW web site? I was tracking my new MINI order just fine until about a week ago and then all of a sudden the web site reports that my order number does not exist. Thoughts?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Same for me. I was received at terminal, booked, etc. for the Freedom which left on Saturday, but never got to the loaded status. That ship left, another one left Sunday and now I no longer exist on the WW site. ASKMINI, The OL and my MA all say that I'm still at the docks awaiting a transport ship.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OL says that I am in route, but nothing on the WW site. I did notice that there are three WW ships on the way to CA. The Don Carlos, Undine, and Prominent Ace.

·
Registered
8 Posts
MY MA said that he thinks its already on a ship, but he has no idea which one... regardless it should be on a ship or sailing soon! I need Fergie to get here by the 22nd for my bday dammit!

·
.::Binx::.
345 Posts
OK! W&W no longer service ship to Port Hueneme. NYK is the new shipping company that MINI use... therefore, you won't get any info from W&W... so is NYK... that happend in our June Thread... and I wrote a email to them....and the above is what i get...

Let me see if i can find the email and i will post it on here...

Good luck waiting... its sooooooo worth it!

·
345 Posts
The following is a email reply from W&W... our group could not track our vessel's whereabout either...and the website was slow in update and made all sorts of errors... so i decided to write a email.... i hope this info helps!!!

" From : <[email protected]>
Sent : Wednesday, June 23, 2004 1:48 AM
To : [email protected]
Subject : FW: [General enquiry] Cargo Tracking

Dear Sir,

Thank you for contacting Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines.

With reference to you message, that also was received yesterday, please be
advised of following;

BMW recently changed operator for some ports in the USA and as a consequence
port of Hueneme is no longer operated by Wallenius Wilhelmsen.
Your unit was
actually shipped with NYK on Hual Triton. The reason why your VIN still
appear in our tracking system is that SET, receiving terminal for carriers
as Wallenius Wilhelmsen, K-Line, Hual and NYK, are presently having
difficulties with separating the different bookings from each other at the
time of receipt at terminal.

We have however, made NYK aware of the problem and have taken the liberty to
forward your inquiry to them. Trust they will respond to you accordingly.

We thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the incorrect data in
our tracking database and wish you many pleasant drives in your new car.

Yours Sincerely
Berit Berge
Global Customer Service
Wallenius Wilhelmsen Lines, Norway "

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks like the NYK RoRo site isn't set up for tracking ship schedules the way WW was. I found from WW that my MINI was loaded onto the Ryujin, which is registerd with NYK, but no way to tell when it is supposed to arrive in CA. There is an email address of [email protected] for informaiton. Will give that a try.

·
345 Posts
Yes, you have to write an email to NYK to find out the info yourself... they don't have trackings on their site... or you have to have a username and password.

Do you know your estimated departure date? If you have it, I can give you an estimated arrival date to Port Hueneme.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Do you have a list of a few of the upcoming voyages?

If so, is there anything leaving for Port Hueneme after August 4th? Departure? Arrival?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Still no sign of my MCS on the WW website. It was there a week ago, missed be loaded on the Freedom and then fell off the shipping website. Anyone else lost their MINI at the outgoing docks? Misery loves company, or at least the reassurance that I'm not the only one.

Just spoke with ASKMINI, and they told me that my car had a certain Bill of Laden no. and was going to be shipped via K-Line. Called K-Line, gave them Bill of Laden no. and they said that there are 240 vehicles associated with that no., the ship is the Andes Highway and that it is due into Charleston on 08/11. They also told me that the ship left July 26th. I'm hoping I'm aboard because that was as specific as they would get with me and the OL and ASKMINI still show me at the port. Fingers crossed.

·
345 Posts
ASK MINI will not track your MINI after it left the plant.

I took delivery of my MINI on July 23, but on ASK MINI system... it still shows im waiting at the port of exis, which is Southampton!

·
Registered
112 Posts
My MA told me yesterday that his sheet still shows my car to be at the port in England. He's off today, so I can't ask him about the Andes Highway, etc. Today was the first day that I've ever received information from ASKMINI that had to do with anything beyond the car reaching the port of exit.

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
jaieism said:
Yes, you have to write an email to NYK to find out the info yourself... they don't have trackings on their site... or you have to have a username and password.
Hi. I'm trying to get some more information on shipping with NYK to use when the FAQs in this section are updated.

Does anyone have any direct experience contacting NYK and receiving information on the shipment of their new MINI? Where they helpful? Was the information useful?

Please post experiences here.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Is WW still the shipping line of choice for NY? [the WW email indicated only CA had changed] or has the shipping changed for all MINIs?

edit: OMGosh I just had the most frustrating conversation with MINIUSA :mad: :mad: :mad:
I got the major runaround, not very happy with them at the moment to say the least :bad:

Q: Is WW still the shipping line used from Southampton to NEAT in NY?
A: "How does that affect you?"
Q: I'd like to be able to track my car on the shipping line, I know that MINI had been using WW, and they have tracking through their website, but I think that's changed for California, is MINI still using WW to ship to NY?
A:"Your car's not even built yet. It began production on July 23."
Q:"I know- and the completion date is still estimated at Aug 4, right? That's not what I asked though. I want to know if MINI is still using WW to ship to NY"
A: "We dont track cars beyond the port of exit"
Q: "I'm not asking you to track my car, I'm asking if you are still using WW to ship to NY!"
A: "We use a number of shipping companies, WW is one of them"

:mad: What a bunch of plonkers! I never did get a straight answer....

·
No Steenkin Preevileeg
664 Posts
I go on the NYK site and type in the info for Southampton/Port Hueneme schedules and get exception errors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BruceK said:
Does anyone have any direct experience contacting NYK and receiving information on the shipment of their new MINI? Where they helpful? Was the information useful?

Please post experiences here.

Thanks!
So far no luck getting information out of NYK line. I sent an email a couple of days ago but got no response. I know my car is en route from OL, and anticipate it will arrive in CA in the next week or so since it left Southampton around July 15th. Would be nice to know specifically.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I too am having this problem now, as well as 2 others I know who were previously booked on the Patriot from Southampton to Charleston on WW. All of our VINs just disappeared. I have sent emails to both WW and NYK trying to determine the whereabouts of my MINI!

Please anyone let me know if we learn more about this. I'm tracking this thread.

-mike

·
Registered
542 Posts
Has anyone being sent to a port other than Port Hueneme seen their ship get on an NYK vessel? My car is supposed to be sent to the Charleston port and it has disappeared just like the rest of yours.

-mike

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
12 Participants
Daytona
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing