MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Mini Cooper s
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all,

I just replaced my High pressure fuel pump and my poor mini is not getting the pressure it needs I got it up to 1700psi once. But everyone Time I m step on the gas drops from 120psi to 77psi not sure what I did I’m trying to figure out what maybe be wrong with my baby.

The check engine light is on and codes that read are

Cold start fuel pressured to low

fuel rail pressure low

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
did you change the in tank pump at same time,

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
No was I supposed to do that at the same time
yes should always change the low pressure fuel pump at same time and also check it has not broken up inside and sent debris down the fuel line , if has sent debris it would be why first pump failed,, chances are its done the new one as well,
the correct pressure is 5mpa up to 8mpa when reving flat out under load,

·
Registered
2011 Mini Cooper s
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I replace the fuel pump the fuel filter the high-pressure fuel pump and the sensor that goes on top of the fuel rail also changed all my spark plugs and I’m still having the same exact problems

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
did you fit a new high pressure fuel pump, or used one if used chance are its faulty, also have you any fuel pressure from low pressure side of pump ,,, ie the feed pipe before the pump should have 5bar pressure

·
Registered
2011 Mini Cooper s
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you fit a new high pressure fuel pump, or used one if used chance are its faulty, also have you any fuel pressure from low pressure side of pump ,,, ie the feed pipe before the pump should have 5bar pressure
So I got a new High pressure fuel pump I bought a new fuel filter a low pressure fuel pump the sensor on the bottom of my fuel rail

·
Registered
12,728 Posts
when you had first issues did you get a P2880 or P2800 fault code by any chance if not maybe it was not high pressure fuel pump in first place,, i normally diagnose these pumps two ways, 1st if on first start of day car wont catch just starts and stops and misfires etc , and once do get it running its running all day until next day restart when cold it does same trick,, and I also check for codes if the either of two above codes then pump at fault for sure, I also I check for other codes this is why having a code scanner you know will see all codes and not all do see all codes,,, something like autocom cdp plus or wurth snooper will see all can be bought from aliexpress for under £50 cant beat them for that money, I would also live data the coolant sensor temps,,, ie if its 20c outside then should see a 20c temp when engine is cold, then run engine if temos dont go up then thats why have misfires when gets hot, if find tempo sensor at 20c cold reads 50c to 148c ie its max then that will make it hard to start as ecu trims fuel back like when running hot etc,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts