MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope someone can help when cars breks are up to temp the passanger rear has started making a scrapping sound had a look at pads all round car and there loads left on them did it when breaks where cold as well today any ideas thanks :-(

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Bud, not trying to insult your intelligance, but have you checked the back break bad (the other side of the disk facing the body of the car) could be the 1 at the wheel side looks fine but the 1 behind could be worn to the metal nearly.

just a thought thats all.

Dave

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not at insulted me at all David we have few things we goin to check and that'd one was just seein if anyone had any other ideas the thing with inner pad was why would inner be down to metal an outer be like brand new

·
Registered
48 Posts
my cousin had this problem on his one, piston was sticking as Buz999 said. I think he sourced a second hand caliper in the end.

·
Registered
63 Posts
like JoeV said, sometimes the caliper can be sticking on 1 side thus causing the break pad to be in contact with the disc and eventually would wear down much fast than the other side. i'd say this is a very common problem with alot of cars, generally just needs a good clean to get it freed off and replace the break pad.

hope it works out.

Dave:nice:

·
Registered
32 Posts
hi there
i had that problem before but what i did was i did some super heavy braking and the sqeeking sound is gone, i hope that help but I think that my way isn't really the right way to solve your problem :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts