MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having a lot of dificulties fitting this bit of kit.

The spec i'm dealing with is an '02 MCS, Boost single CD, Sat Nav & Nokia h/f kit.

Firstly i cannot see where the technician wired the phone in so that is out the equasion as it works whether the ice>link is wired or not.

I am following the instructions in Go Mini mag which are straight forward. However last night I was getting either -Disable- on the h/unit or only sound from radio or CD through random speakers.

I have been getting power to the cradle but no sound.

This morning all I get when i link the loom in is -Disable- and a charging of the pod...

I have read the posts about the sat nav aux plug - is this the black connector next to the white one initially into the back of the h/unit? If so where does it need to be as I can't see another conflicting connector in its way (re swapping individual pins).

Any help would be wonderful

Thanks in anticpation

Matti

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Sounds like one of the plugs isn't pushed all the way home
Mi#ost likely the original radio plug which now goes into the socket on the icelink. It has several sections in it make sure all of these are nice and tight, it does go a long way in. This would be the cause of speaker problems & propb the disable warning
The nav plug (black) should be swapped from the factory radio plug to the new plug

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Thanks for that - i'll give it a go tomorrow.

Mikey have you had any problems with these before? why i ask is that my dealer advised me not to do it?!?!?

Matt

·
Premium Member
9,742 Posts
Sold lots of them, 1 or 2 minor problems, but yours doesn't sound like a tech problem - but connector - I use the kit in my car it is superb

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At last

Well its taken all night but i've done it!!!!

there was a slight connection problem which i spotted straight away tonight but the main task was swapping it with my h/f mobile kit - i've decided it would look better if the iPod mini was next to the Boost and my 6310i was lower down on the silver column.

anyway its all in, working (inc Nav voice) I shall take some photo's tomorrow

A big thank U to Mikey

Cheers Matti

1 - 6 of 6 Posts