Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
before you all start!
I have read both the threads

programming the mini computer 1

Programming the mini Computer 2

however it still doesnt really answer my question

What CAN I ask my dealer to program into the computer before I pick it up in March

I have seen the 1 click to open drivers door and 2 to open passengers and also the follow me home lights and lock the doors at 12mph.

But are there any other useful things that we can get added?

Apologies if I have missed other threads in my search

Thanx!!

:D :D :D :D

·
Registered
164 Posts
Good call my dealer is denying all knowledge of this and I need to prove him wrong so as kuch detail as possible please.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My MINI me and me said:
Good call my dealer is denying all knowledge of this and I need to prove him wrong so as kuch detail as possible please.
thanx!
you and me both then :D

·
MINI2 Lurker + Sponsor
1,208 Posts
not sure of all features, but you can ask for holding the unlock button to open all windows and sunroof if you have it (they call it comfort open i think)and I have seen this on a MINI

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have my MINI going in next week to get a few things changed.

1. The daylight headlights option - I don't what it is but I want my headlights and parking lights to be switched off when I turn the ignition off. Currently the headlights go off but the parking lights stay on. I want the parking lights to go off too.

2. The blinkers flash once when locking the car and setting the alarm, and no blinks when unlocking/disarming. I want to get the blinkers to flash when disarming.

Let you know what the dealers know.

Cheers

·
Registered
247 Posts
According to my dealer you can't get the hold down button on key and all the windows drop feature (not deliberately anyway!!), as this unlocks the boot. It's a feature on BMWs but not the MINI, you can turn the key in the lock and hold to do put them up and hold up the unlock toggle switch to drop them though.

Please feel free to prove me wrong.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Selective programming

We had our car (sept build) programmed with the following last thursday :-

1. Automatic locking at 15 mph
2. Selective central locking with key
3. Selective central locking with remote
4. Comfort opening of windows & sunroof using remote instead of boot unlocking

so it can be done ( even the dealer didn't know about the comfort opening instead of the boot :D :D )

Dave

·
Registered
26 Posts
Dodger,

Can you name your dealer as mine is oblivious to the fact that these things can be done. Do you know which version of the software they are using?

Cheers

·
Registered
153 Posts
Hi sniff

Our dealers is Benham Wolverhampton but they told me that it couldn't be done?!?!?! :confused: :confused: :confused:

However I have a friend at another dealership who gave me a printout of programmable features from one of his cars and I took this to them, amazingly when I collected the car it had all been done :D :D :D :D

They now know that they can programme all their cars as per customer requirement.

P.S. if you want a copy of this printout PM me and I'll e-mail it to you :) :) :) :)

BTW our car is a September build if that's of any use :D :D

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
Garry said:
....The daylight headlights option - I don't what it is....
I think this refers to the daytime running lights (DRLs) which mean that the headlights are automatically switched on when the car is running - day or night - supposedly to make a car more visible to other traffic. On most cars so equipped, the DRL headlights are not at full brightness during daytime use - not as bright as low (dipped) beam, so at dusk, the driver must remember to switch on the regular low beam headlights. DRLs are claimed to be a safety feature and are required by law in many northern countries (e.g. Scandinavia, Canada, etc.) that have long dark winters.

It has been previously mentioned on this forum that DRLs are indeed a MINI programmable feature - even says so on the miniusa.com site - based upon owner preference (and, of course, dealer programming skills :rolleyes: ).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Remote Opening Windows

Minty,

Silbee now has the remote window opening feature, and very cool it is too!!!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D

If you ask us nicely, we might show you sometime! ;) ;) ;)

Dodgeress xx

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
got the details from dodger !!!

cheers mate

very helpful

keep them coming though the rest of you, can never have too much information

:D

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
This is my list of options so far, from various sources I know these can all be done. BUT it does seem to vary from car to car (software version maybe).

1) Different activating signals to confirm that the vehicle has been locked/unlocked.
2) Deactivating the headlight courtesy delay function.
40, 90, 150, 240 second options.
3) Switching on the inside light via the remote control.
4) Activating / deactivating the interior movement detector/tilt alarm
sensor via the remote control.
5) Automatically locking the vehicle after setting off.
6) Stop function of window lifts when opening/closing.
7) Selective central locking where the first press unlocks only the drivers
door, then the second press unlocks the remainder of the vehicle.
8) Selective Central Locking with key (as opposed to via remote as above).
9) Holding RC down options: Unlock Boot, Comfort Opening, or nothing.
10) Windscreen Wipers. Switch back when stationary, active or not active.

:)

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Paul, thanks for that list

how can you find out what version of the software the cars have then if at all?

I would of thought that the later build cars, mine is a mid feb build will have all of the earlier options and maybe a few more

seems that the dealers are very uneducated or unwilling to help with this feature though

·
Registered
26 Posts
I think the software version problem is to do with the software that you dealer has. I have the print out from my dealer at home so i'll check tonight. I think it is mentioned at the top of the print out of the list of programable options. Interestingly on my print out it said that I could not specify the headlights to stay on after switching off. This is the one thing that the dealer HAS actually managed to select!!

MINI customer services muttered something about there being a difference between MINIs depending on whether a different version of the software was added to your MINI. They made some change to do with the alarm which means some options are not available. They didn't explain it too well.

All very confusing :confused:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts