MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When: November 6 & 7
Where: Yarrowsport, end of Thurston St., Providence, RI
Time: All day Saturday and Sunday but you must select a time slot for installs.
How much is a pulley install: $400.00

Directions
From 95 South:
Take exit 17
Turn Left onto Elmwood Ave.
Right onto Thurston St. after Dixon St.

From 95 North:
Take exit 16 - toward Cranston
Take the Elmwood Ave. exit
Right at the end of the off ramp
Take 3rd right onto Thurston St.

Randy Webb on pulley parties:
"There are many MINI enthusiasts around the country - in fact, there are more enthusiastic regions than there are MINI shops. Because of how familiar we are with the MINI, we had been asked by several regions to come to do installs. Being that we care so much about customer support, and we like to spread cheer and joy, we decided to take on the task of helping as many MINI owners as were interested.

The "pulley" is the supercharger pulley, and it is reduced by 15% in diameter. That, in turn, spins the supercharger faster, making more boost sooner and throughout the RPM range. How much of a reduction was thoroughly researched, including desert endurance testing, extensive track testing, street driving of over 15,000 miles, and technical discussions with several engineers.

We have now done over 185 cars, most of them during the pulley parties. Several owners gather at a central location during a weekend and get to chat with other MINI folk, see other cars, bench race, and leave with a car that makes an average of 15 horsepower more than when they showed up."

The great thing about this event is it is local and at a performance shop (Yarrowsport). Yarrow is currently working on MINIs and is very interested in them as a performance auto. At most pulley parties you are limited on the installs that can be done but not this time. The sky is the limit! Exhausts, Pulley, intakes, chips, headers, swaybars, throtle body, ect...

Yarrow does have a Dyno available for use. The cost of 3 runs is $65.00 and $50.00 if more than ten cars get on the dyno. All are welcome to come and hang out.

More info at: http://www.webbmotorsports.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=495

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Here is the list so far... but I think there are more that have not been added yet.

November 6
Saturday

8:00
pincity (pulley)

9:30
holdenontoit (B&M SS, H-Sport rear bar)

11:00
NEWBS49 (throttle body)

12:30
morefun (Alta '04-05 SS)

2:00

3:30

November 7
Sunday

8:00
NEWBS49 (Webb Motorsports Intake Manifold/Runners)
9:30

11:00

12:30

2:00

3:30

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
I want to go down and get another dyno run - I sent a message to YarrowSport but got no reply.
Rich, who is coordinating the dyno use? You, Yarrow or Randy?
I also plan to offer my time & MINI to Steve Scales (pincity) for his MINIs-Making-A-Wish activities.

Also Rich: we *NEED* better directions! What can you offer? How about a highlighted local map?

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GBMINI said:
I want to go down and get another dyno run - I sent a message to YarrowSport but got no reply.
Rich, who is coordinating the dyno use? You, Yarrow or Randy?
I also plan to offer my time & MINI to Steve Scales (pincity) for his MINIs-Making-A-Wish activities.

Also Rich: we *NEED* better directions! What can you offer? How about a highlighted local map?
I agree on the direction thing... I have modified the first post to include more detailed directions and a highlighted map.

Yarrow should be the contact for dyno use. I do not think there is are many people getting on the dyno this time. I will talk with Yarrow about the specifics for the Dyno. Oh wait... I just remembered he is going to SEMA this week! :eek: I will call Randy and see what he knows.

Thanks,
Rich

·
Registered
444 Posts
bungle77 said:
I agree on the direction thing... I have modified the first post to include more detailed directions and a highlighted map.

Yarrow should be the contact for dyno use. I do not think there is are many people getting on the dyno this time. I will talk with Yarrow about the specifics for the Dyno. Oh wait... I just remembered he is going to SEMA this week! :eek: I will call Randy and see what he knows.

Thanks,
Rich
Does this mean that there may be no dyno?

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
My suggestion to anyone who wants to get on the dyno would be to come on down for the Krispy Kreme toy drive kickoff(which is at 10am-1pm) and then head over to Yarrowsport for your dyno. You will want to let your MINI cool off before you dyno it and Krispy Kreme is close.

This is my sad attempt to get more people to go to Krispy Kreme. ;) :p

·
Premium Member
7,989 Posts
bungle77 said:
My suggestion to anyone who wants to get on the dyno would be to come on down for the Krispy Kreme toy drive kickoff(which is at 10am-1pm) and then head over to Yarrowsport for your dyno. You will want to let your MINI cool off before you dyno it and Krispy Kreme is close.
This is exactly what I will be doing - just received directions from pincity:
Route 95 South to Route 37 West.
Take the Pontiac Avenue exit.
Bear Right onto Pontiac goto the lights.
Krispy Kreme is directly ahead on the left.

Cranston, RI between Providence and Warwick.

And I cannot agree that any attempt to support charities is "sad" ...

·
Registered
444 Posts
bungle77 said:

This is my sad attempt to get more people to go to Krispy Kreme. ;) :p
Being that I have other commitments, I can't do this. It would be great though if you all had a certain time that you were planning on starting the dynos. Can I assume that 2:00 might be what you are looking at?

:blblack:

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
2pm would be a good guess but you will want to let your MINI cool off before getting on the dyno. We got some poor numbers at the last dyno day due to heat soak. Everyone that got there in the morning re-ran in the afternoon and saw some serious increases in performance.

·
Small state, small car
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
onasled said:
I still have not heard back from Yarrow on whether or not the Dyno is available Sunday ... :confused:
Yarrow is at SEMA and he will be back on Sat. morning. The dyno will be available both Sat and Sun. but only in the afternoon on Saturday.

Hope this helps.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.