MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
go fast
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys. i tried winding my pulley off today but the puller snapped lol. ok maybe not to be laughed at but i would cry if i didnt. it was a 3 claw puller not the wrap round one. my pulley is bent in to the first lip. i just wondered wat experiences you guys had taking pulleys off and wat problems you came accross. i am getting another puller in the post so hopefully that should work. any comments about this would be great cheers. paddy

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
hey guys. i tried winding my pulley off today but the puller snapped lol. ok maybe not to be laughed at but i would cry if i didnt. it was a 3 claw puller not the wrap round one. my pulley is bent in to the first lip. i just wondered wat experiences you guys had taking pulleys off and wat problems you came accross. i am getting another puller in the post so hopefully that should work. any comments about this would be great cheers. paddy
I used a 3-leg puller to remove my pulley and the pulley is very tight. The lip on my pulley bent as well but once it bent as much as it could the pulley started to come off the shaft:biggrin:. Just last weekend I have turned the outer lip off the pulley as it is the correct size for another job on the mini:biggrin:

·
go fast
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used a 3-leg puller to remove my pulley and the pulley is very tight. The lip on my pulley bent as well but once it bent as much as it could the pulley started to come off the shaft:biggrin:. Just last weekend I have turned the outer lip off the pulley as it is the correct size for another job on the mini:biggrin:
i wish that was the case for me. my puller snaped at one of the legs lol and that was the second time i tried to take the pulley off lol had to get a hammer and bang the pulley back into shape haha. 20 grand car and frigging bendin stuff... not good! lol

·
M3 CSL
724 Posts
i wish that was the case for me. my puller snaped at one of the legs lol and that was the second time i tried to take the pulley off lol had to get a hammer and bang the pulley back into shape haha. 20 grand car and frigging bendin stuff... not good! lol

I also bought a brand new S/C just incase anything did go wrong.

Correct puller will have it off in no time:biggrin:

I just used a 3 legged pulley as that what I have and thought I would try it, at one point though I didn't think the pulley was going to come off.

·
go fast
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it on now really good stuff. just a bit miffed the three legged puller didnt wrk had to buy a proper puller.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts