MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ordered Punch leather as I preferred the look over Lounge and it seems to be better suited for the JCW. However, I preferred the softness of the lounge. The Punch leather just felt a little harder and rougher.

I have some fairly decent leather cleaners and conditioners that I have used on previous cars and i'm hoping that the Punch leather can be softened up. For anyone with Punch leather, have you noticed the leather softening up over time?

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Bump.

Would be interested in the opinions of some Punch Leather owners...

Anyone?

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have punch leather in Mozza and just love it, it is quite firm but oh so very comfortable. Mine has not softened up yet but it feels just great to sit in.

·
Driver
147 Posts
Had mine for just over a year now and they are great. I wouldn't say the have softened up massively but they have definitely softened up to a noticable extent making them extremely nice to sit in. My dad has the other leather in his car, I don't remember the name, but it is definitely not as comfortable as the punch!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I'm interested to know about this too, seeing as I'm thinking about buying a 'Punch-leathered' JCW instead of a Recaro-equipped Cooper S. This is mainly because the money saved on the Recaros goes some way towards affording the JCW, and choosing the Punch is a small concession towards making it feel like a £23k car, which the Ray trim definitely doesn't.

I didn't think Punch was harder/ had less 'give' than Lounge leather; if anything, having sat in both in the showroom, I thought it was the opposite? I shall have to try again, but in the meantime can anyone else comment?

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Any long trips (1,2 or more hours driving) on the Punch Leather?

How does rate? Comfortable for the occassional long drive?

·
Driver
147 Posts
Ive done a fair few hefty trips going on 4/5 hours and Ive genuinely never had a problem with the seats. They really do the job well for whatever type of driving you are in to. I would definitely recommend them in my personal opinion, but then again thats just me!

·
Event organiser, NMCS
509 Posts
I have got Carbon Black leather Punch in my R56 S and I think it is great, it works for me and I am using my beloved MINI almost everyday to work, pick up the kids at kindergarten and so on - a very nice interior and more sporty than the Lounge if you ask me :cool:

·
totalMINI punto com
222 Posts
Thanks all, I ordered the Carbon Black leather Punch for my cabrio. This thread helped. I also went back to the dealer to sit in the car that had the punch leather. It was comfortable and I like that I can apply some protectant to help preserve the seats. The lumbar support will come in handy as I am looking at possible 30 minute drives to and from work. Thanks all,

Cheers!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts