MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, had a quick search but sorry if you know this: Carry a pressure gauge in the car!! I've just driven 50 miles at 50 MPH :eek: because the runflat puncture warning light came on in the middle of a thunderstorm (very, very wet motorway). Got home and found all the tyre pressures were OK (doh!). I think that the one of the wheels either spun or aquaplaned for long enough to set off the wheel speed sensor that triggers the warning. I guess this could happen on any slippery surface or if the wheels spin through over enthusiasm. I'm off to get a pressure gauge so that I can check next time. Hope that this may save someone else a boring drive home with everything on the road passing you.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Did it come on or flash?

One means a fault in the system and the other means low pressure. Could be that all the water upset the system

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point KenL. It flashed, the same as the time when I had a real puncture so I don't think it was just the water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Herbiea
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing