MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just had my first mini mishap.i felt the car careering to the left (more than usual ;) )so i pulled over.i could see the hole that the nail made,it wasn't that bad to be honest so i put the gunk in the tyre moved it around a bit and waited.i then tried to inflate it to no avail.i then had to get it on a kerb to let the flow of traffic through .i made a big dint in the alloy and the tyre promptley fell off. fair plays to mini breakdown . they were there within 15 minutes.its in a garage now getting looked at.the fella at the garage was none too please to see that i'd been using tyre gunk as well.this is the first car i've had which hasn't had a spare tyre and to be honest ,it sucks.YOU NEED A SPARE. ALSO NO PUNTURE,AIR PRESSURE LIGHT , CAME ON.the mini breakdown guy said that the gunk will only work in pinholes and that he's forever towing mini's just because of a flat tyre.i'm thinking of getting a spare for the boot now..

· Registered
2,656 Posts
It takes some time for the ABS wheelspin sensor logic to catch the fact that the pressure has gone down rather than a transient condition for false positives. It can take miles of driving to set it off. Not the best as you've seen but if you hadn't noticed the pull then I think it would have let you know eventually.

Yeah, the gunk is awful stuff. Runflats or a real spare are better IMO.

Harry

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.