MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The Element of Suprise
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to decide on color for my MCSC. Maybe CR, HO? But then I thought, how about PS with Blue Roof? Has anyone chosen that combo? Or even seen a picture of it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm not sure that combination is available. I think the choices are black, white or body color. Can you get this combo in the build your own section of miniusa.com?

·
The Element of Suprise
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup, in the cabio, you have the choice of black, blue or green soft top. All color tops are not available with all body colors.

·
BarWeetGarNarWeetNinnyBon
2,598 Posts
yeah, it kinda looks okay with the blue roof... there is one parked in Leeds (UK) next to The Light (shopping centre)... if you ever travel this far :)

·
GTT........See Yah
413 Posts
I think with blue bonnet strips, and the blue leather interior it will look really cool, also not many of them around and not a colour option I thought about when specing mine. But would have seriously considered it

·
The Element of Suprise
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw this gorgeous Porsche in that color combo... thats where I got the idea. I just don't know if it would look good on a MINI. I'm hoping I could see one :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think that color combo would look very nice

I'm debating that color combo as well for an MCSC. I'm also considering dark silver with green top, and dark silver with blue top. Too many damn choices.

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
What about Pure Silver, Black Roof, Black Bonnet Stripes and Black/Grey Leatherette??

I am also having a hard tiime deciding on the color combo! I have noticed a lot of MINIs with Leatherette ... are there any distinct advantages/disadvantages?? Obviously it costs $1300 less, but is it better? Just curious 'cause I've always had Leather in my cars.

-Steve

·
Registered
628 Posts
I was just thinking the other day about how Pure Silver with a blue top would look. I think we may order one to see how it goes.

I think Pure Silver, blue top, Dark Blue leather would be a hot car.

Of course Pure Silver with black top looks great. We have 2 right now, one with space cloth and one with black leather and both look fantastic with Pure Silver. I'd say you can't go wrong either way. The gray/black leatherette would also look good with Pure Silver since it pretty much looks just like the space cloth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've got Pure Silver, black top, black leatherette and alloy patina with interior/exterior chrome and it all goes together really well. A blue top with the blue leather could be a winner, the only question being how it matches with the black trim on the car.

Mike

Attachments

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
Very sharp Mike!!

That pretty much looks like the car I would order as well! I am still on the fence about the Leather and the extra $$, and I would order mine with black bonnet stripes. Not sure if I want Silver or Anthracite interior trim ... I personally don't like the alloy patina as much.

Thanks for posting the pics!

-Steve

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks Steve :D

I think the black leatherette looks as good or better than the leather so it is a no brainer when it comes to saving the $1300. I would hold off on the bonnet stripes from the factory and go aftermarket where your options are unlimited. I'm thinking of getting a set of magnetic stripes so I can have multiple looks. Obviously I prefer alloy patina. I feel the regular silver dash is a bit bland and while anthracite would be my second choice, I'm not sure how it would look with Pure Silver. If I had a blank checkbook I would get the carbon fiber dash. That would look [email protected]! :cool: It is a dealer installed option now, but I've heard it is very expensive.

Good luck,

Mike

·
If you rest, you rust !
10 Posts
Go for it !

I've seen a lot of high-end convertibles (M3's, Jags, etc) in silver with variuous-coloured rag-tops. In my opinion, that is a very nice way to go. It stands out from the usual black soft-tops.

In years past, I actually had a silver Miata with a maroon-coloured top. I got an amazing number of positive comments on it.

Attachments

·
Need to replace a NBC!
82 Posts
ZenAudio said:
Thanks Steve :D

I think the black leatherette looks as good or better than the leather so it is a no brainer when it comes to saving the $1300. I would hold off on the bonnet stripes from the factory and go aftermarket where your options are unlimited. I'm thinking of getting a set of magnetic stripes so I can have multiple looks. Obviously I prefer alloy patina. I feel the regular silver dash is a bit bland and while anthracite would be my second choice, I'm not sure how it would look with Pure Silver. If I had a blank checkbook I would get the carbon fiber dash. That would look [email protected]! :cool: It is a dealer installed option now, but I've heard it is very expensive.

Good luck,

Mike
Thanks for your thoughts, Mike ... I appreciate it! I am leaning toward the Black/Grey Leatherette as I like the two-tone look. My second choice (or the other color combo I am wrestling with) is Hyper Blue, Black Roof and Sunrise/Blue Cloth/Leather with body color interior trim.

Getting back to the roof color topic, I have seen the three roof colors in person, but in my opinion, the black roof looks best only because the top of the windshield header is painted shiny black. It seems to look out of place on MINIs with the blue or green roof when the roof is closed.

-Steve

·
Track addict
5,960 Posts
Go for it, it'll look great.

Nicest thing I've seen on the Cabriolet, In my opinion, the Aero pack adds a sporty look to a car that can look a but femine.....

What do you think?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Silver with blue top and interior is cool !!!!!! Porsches, mercedes SL's, CLK's and ferrari's look great in this colour combo !! Go for it

·
Rocking the F57
17,719 Posts
I saw a Pure Silver Convertible with a Blue Hood at the MINI Factory in Cowley a couple of weeks ago..... looked stunning!! Very different, and it was on an 'S'!!

GO FOR IT!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts