MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the moss mini summer catalog they have came out with a push button start. for 60$ i am thinking about trying it. because it is really cool has any one else bought this yet?

·
I'm Back!
2,590 Posts
Excellent idea...the other half's Meagane starts with a push button when it senses the key card...no more searching for the elusive keys as the card can stay in your pocket or handbag...he always takes the mickey when he gets in mine and says what do I do with this ( meaning the key :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just installed one today. it only took around 30 min
you can use both the key and the button to start the car, depend on which way u hook up.

i will post some pic later ... cheers

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Do a search for another thread showing a way to wire it up without useing a relay. I've done mine just wish i used a camara for the install.. It was real easy took about 10 min from start to end. no cutting of the stock wireing .. and have been using it for couple months now.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Me too! Mine is the budget option, put in for a laugh - but everyone loves it. Amusing to ask people to press it while putting your seat belt on etc... inserts a big grin on all faces!

Attachments

·
Registered
122 Posts
That's definately pointless but I've definately got to have it! This whole Mini thing is just making me feel about 10 years old again, and I haven't even got one yet :) How much are the "push to start" buttons?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yes the key need to be in the ignition, 2 stops. And no another press doesnt stop the car. Pressing the button operates the same as turning the key the final stop. Didnt want the workshop boys getting confused ;)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
The Cooper (the wifes) has Chilli pack, boost, and full leather.
The MCS Works (mine :D) has chilli pack, hailf leather, aftermarket ICE (and obviously the JC Works kit) Stainless steel bumper mesh f and r, Promini (alta) intake and start button...Phew, never written that out before!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
About this Discussion
33 Replies
17 Participants
Nicholasp27
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing