MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After owning a Cooper S a few years ago I have missed ever since the feeling of driving a mini.........however after becoming a father and needing a diesel for work comitments I thought my days of Mini driving were over.

Until I saw the clubman D! hence a trip to the dealership and a test drive later back in June sealed the deal and I had the call yesterday to say the mini was built and can be picked at the end of next week. I can't wait..........

I have specced as follows:

Cooper D Clubman
Pepper White with black roof/mirrors
Chili Pack
Black/Grey Carbon Ray sports seats
17'' pace alloys
White indicators
MFSW
Anthracite headliner
Auto lights and wipers.

Its amazing how speccing the mini can cost an arm and a leg! but I am pleased with my selection and am counting the days.

Will post a few pics when I pick her up:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I too collect mine the end of next week :D

Clubman D
Nightfire Red / Silver
Silver Viper Stripes
17" Crown Spoke Alloys
JCW Side Scuttles
Cooper S Fuel Cap
Chrome Mirror Caps
Pepper Pack
3 Spoke Sterring Wheel
Chrome Line Int
Fluid Silver Trim
Colour Line Dark Grey
Smokers Pack ( Great as a coin holder )
Dog Guard ( Hence the change from the Cooper D )

I also owned 3 Cooper S minis in the past one was a JCW and I have to say I have a Cooper D at the moment and its just as much fun to drive as the Cooper S !!! not quite as quick but you will love it :smile:

Nice Spec Pepper White always looks nice theres one just down the road from me a Cooper S Clubman :nice:

Good luck next wk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
KatyB, I wasn't aware I could have the cooper S fuel cap and JCW side scuttles fitted too........can I ask how much this costs?

Your car sounds superb too, I was torn between the Crown spokes or Pace alloys.........

·
Registered
149 Posts
KatyB, I wasn't aware I could have the cooper S fuel cap and JCW side scuttles fitted too........can I ask how much this costs?

Your car sounds superb too, I was torn between the Crown spokes or Pace alloys.........
Hi, These are dealer accesories so you could still have them fitted before collection :D

The Fuel Cap is £134.00 inc the outer ring painted the same as the car and fitting

The JWC side shuttles are £ 67.00 inc fitting

Just from experience I think you get a better price on accesories before you collect the car the dealers seem to charge more once you've collected and you go back to have things fitted! I dont know why !

If you dont mind me saying I would have some sort of stripes too, Pepper White looks great but I think it looks better with stripes.

Cant wait to see your photos

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I will certainly opt for the fuel filler cap........I will have a word on Mon!

Stripes I agree........but I am unsure of what I would like yet, will add later when I have decided

·
Registered
149 Posts
Just been on Ebay theres lots of side scuttles on there someone is selling a genuine mini new set for £30.00 ( the JCW Chrome type ) you could fit them yourself !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks will have a look at those, I did also intend to buy then fit the fuel filler cap myself too but I have since read that this can be quite a pain in the bum.

I have already acquired a cooper S bumper which I will get sprayed and fitted along with a black aero grille, that is until we can buy the JCW aero kit for the clubman.

Glad for your comments on the Cooper D, I did almost change my order to an S but common sense won in the end and I have stuck with the diesel for lower tax and better MPG, when I took the test drive they only had a 1.6 cooper clubman for me to drive but that was enough to seal the deal.

Will look forward to seeing your piccies too.

·
Registered
149 Posts
The fuel consumption is great compared to the S :D

I had a petrol cooper as a loan car for 2 wks compared to the D I would choose the D everytime much more midrange pull trust me you will love it !

I would still love another S one day, but the way the cost of living is on the rise and fuel increases by the wk im happy with my D at the moment

I also would love to fit the JCW front grill, a future mod I think :nice:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Picked up my Clubman earlier today! and I am very pleased, PW with black roof and pace alloys look better than I had imagined, it drives superb and very smooth for a diesel.

Will get pics up within the next few days.......................

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Well here she is............ it has taken me 2 weeks plus 1300 miles to stop driving it and take some pictures:cool:

I will put the rest into the PW rollcall.

I also have a set of JCW side scuttles on the way and plans to wait until the JCW bodykit becomes available, not sure about decals at the moment as the car looks superb even as standard.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Great looking Clubman !

The JCW side scuttles make a big diffrence bet you cant wait to get them, I love mine

Picked up my clubman a couple of days after you only covered about 100 miles but loved every one :D

Roll on September when I start the school run again that will bump up the miles !

1 - 13 of 13 Posts