MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

It seems that most MINI owners also have a iPod, so I thought that I would try this question.

I have just purchased an iPod 20Gb G4 and an iTrip, and have noticed that when using the iTrip - I only get 4 -5 hours battery life. Is this normal? If so, so much for the iTrip having low power consumption? :mad: Without the iTrip, I am able to get 12+ hours battery life.

All comments appreciated. Oh yes, off to investigate hard wiring iPod to radio. I have seen some great threads on how to do that.

Thanks in advance and Seasons Greetings
Chris :) :) :)

·
I want that one in blue..
53 Posts
Whilst the Itrip is plugged into the Ipod like a pair of headphones the real battery drain
will be caused by the actual FM transmission which is supplied by the Ipod battery.

I'm not sure of the actual power usage of the Itrip. you could email Griffin and ask them

Hope this helps

Gary

·
Cruising In The Minge
773 Posts
I just bought a travel adapter so it charges in the car..sorts the problem out. Though have been thinking of the hardwiring option as i seem to be getting alot of interference of late.

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
I have the Denison car kit from Mike it is able to be controled from teh steering wheel works great when it does decide to work. (Just got the new software so hopefully it is cured) Plugs into the cd stacker port

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,468 Posts
Minigolf, Don't do it!!!
We are all having big problems with them at the moment
They are trying to work on a fix
Nothing major just stopping inticators, etc working

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.