MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a Mini Cooper S from 2004 and I'm very happy with it. In the glove compartment there's an iPhone cable installed (the old 30-pin connection) which is connected to the back of the radio. I would like to connect my Huawei Mate 8 android phone to the radio and was wondering what the best way to do it is. I don't know if that phone even supports USB sound output but maybe there's a bluetooth device with a 30-pin connection so I don't need cables at all? Any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
At least you are Android. You can probably sell that iPhone thing to some unfortunate iFan who loves paying twice as much for things as the non iFans. There is an easy way to replace that entirely with something that is cheap and works. For open architecture phones.

What country is that you are in?

Nice looking car. Enjoy.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I live in Denmark. I know there're mini-jack adapters that fit in the back of the radio but it takes some work to open up to get access so I was wondering if there's an easier way. Maybe some kind of iPhone - mini-jack adapter but I'm not sure if that is a thing? What do you suggest?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks! So the last device you linked to would actually be preferable because it has both BT and a mini-jack input, right? The first one also seems to have a USB input but that isn't for a BT adapter or what does it do? Both products look very similar.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When i go through the different modes the AUX mode doesn't seem to show up. Only CD and radio. Will it show when I connect a bluetooth/aux unit in the back? I don't want to buy the unit if there's no AUX option available.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts