MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the V-spokes the 16" 5-spoke (star) wheels?

I know that the X-lites are the standard wheel on Cooper 'S', and the S-spokes are the optional 17-incher's, but what exactly are the V-spokes?

Thanks (and sorry if this has been asked/answered before).

·
Moderator & Sponsor
3,758 Posts
SomeBlondeGuy said:
Are the V-spokes the 16" 5-spoke (star) wheels?

I know that the X-lites are the standard wheel on Cooper 'S', and the S-spokes are the optional 17-incher's, but what exactly are the V-spokes?

Thanks (and sorry if this has been asked/answered before).
The V-spoke and the X-lites are the same 16" wheels - the standard wheels on the Cooper S. X-lite is the name MINI uses in the UK, V-spoke is the name MINI uses in the US (and I guess Canada as well).

The 5-stars are the optional wheels for the standard Cooper, moving up from 15" to 16". Currently, the 5-stars are not available on the Cooper S from the factory as an even-exchange for the V-spoke/X-lite wheels (although this may be changeable by the dealer). Confusing, isn't it? :)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is.

My dealer told me they'd have to work out some sort of exchange (I bet I'd have to pay the difference :( ) as they couldn't do it from the factory.

They don't know the prices of the wheels on their own. (At least not yet).

I will be ordering my car tomorrow, but I can't decide which wheels to get. (16" 5-spoke or 17" S-spoke).

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Out of interest, the 5-star 16" Alloys are standard on the oz bound Cooper S. BUT we can have X-lites if we want at NO COST.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts