MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 MCS with the JCW kit installed when new from the dealer. I only have 1000 miles on the car.

I thoroughly enjoy the car and love driving it. My only disappointment is the sound of the exhaust. It's very quiet and sedate. It seems quieter than the 2005 MCS that I test drove. I guess I expected a louder exhaust with the JCW kit.

:confused: Does it get any louder through break in and beyond? I may need to start looking at an after-market exhaust.

Thanks,

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
My JCW is an '03 August build with the JCW conversion in September '03......

To date it has done 10,000 miles and whilst it pops and burbles away is not particularly loud...

However it has become slightly louder over time.... Not to the point of being boy racerish, but it has changed note slightly ;) :D :p

·
Registered
149 Posts
Bob ///Margolis said:
I have a 2004 MCS with the JCW kit installed when new from the dealer. I only have 1000 miles on the car.

I thoroughly enjoy the car and love driving it. My only disappointment is the sound of the exhaust. It's very quiet and sedate. It seems quieter than the 2005 MCS that I test drove. I guess I expected a louder exhaust with the JCW kit.

:confused: Does it get any louder through break in and beyond? I may need to start looking at an after-market exhaust.

Thanks,
go add header, not only louder, you will be surprised about the result.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts