MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Suzanne
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

Right, I'm a bit scared but I need help - I hope I'm just over reacting! The town in which I work is a bit of a dodgy one - lots of druggies and vandals. Last night I left the back door of my shop to find some guy taking photos of my car. I confronted him but he ran away and I checked my stores CCTV today to see him snooping about near my car with his camera. I reported this to the police today. Obviously after this happening, I feel a bit unsettled.

My actual problem however is that after driving my car about 1/10 of a mile on my way home tonight, 2 warning lights appeared on my dash. Other people who have parked at the back of my shop have had put nails put in the tyres and I am worried that I've became a victim to these pathetic vandals. I have no idea what so ever what the lights mean, but I'm worried it's was the tyre pressure. The 2 lights are:

- an orange/yellow triangle with an ! inside it, surrounded by an arrow

- an upside down horseshoe with a ! inside it.

Please someone tell me it's just my imagination running wild and that I've not got nails in my tyres! I hope it's something simple.

Sorry if I'm wasting anyones time here.

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I can't recall the warning signs from the top of my head, but if you search for "warning lights" I'm sure you'll find the answer.

But if you think it could be nails in your tyres, wouldn't it be easier to look at your tyres, rather than post on an internet forum? ;)

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Have you checked the tire pressures?

Problems with the Steering Angle Sensor can cause these lights to come on at the same time and remain lit:

Circle Font Symbol Black-and-white
ASC+T/DSC

Text Font Symbol Trademark Logo
Flat Tire Monitor​

Doing the following should reset both lights:
  1. Ignition key in position 2
  2. Press the button long enough for the yellow indicator lamp in the instrument cluster to light up for a few seconds
  3. Start the engine.
If these two lights continue to come on and stay lit, the Steering Angle Sensor may have to be replaced.

·
Suzanne
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
But if you think it could be nails in your tyres, wouldn't it be easier to look at your tyres, rather than post on an internet forum? ;)
Well yeah, I had a look obviously. Ran my hand over them too but I thought there was a chance it would be too intented and flush with the surface of the tyre.

Thanks very much to the other post, I will follow the tips and hopefully the lights will go off. I've obviously put 2 and 2 together and got 5. Knowing I had someone snooping about my car the other day freaked me out a bit and I've jumped to conclusions.

·
Registered
238 Posts
You should probably check your tyre pressures too. If you've got runflat tyres it may not be obvious that there's no air in them

1 - 6 of 6 Posts