MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my 2002 mini one hasnt got a rear spoiler, having looked on ebay i see the ones for sale that state there for my model year have bolts on them,

now off hand i dont recall having bolt holes on the back of my mini.

whats the deal? is it a no no to buy one with bolts? can you even get them without bolts? or am i blind and my car has holes for these bolts?

needs some clever dick to explain this to me before i go make a mistake and bid on one that i end up having nightmares with.

thanks in advance.

sorry dont know how to do the clickable pic links.

·
Registered
21,702 Posts
As far as I know the Cooper Chili Pack Spoiler and Cooper S Spoiler are bolted on....

and the Aero Kit Spoiler is glued on, so this may be a better option for you if you dont want to start messing around with your car :)

·
My brain hurts!
4,880 Posts
First "Gen" are bolted at the ends and have double sided tape along the centre section. Open the tailgate and check that you have a plastic bung/grommet at either end. Prise these out carefully and you'll have to drill a 6mm hole through the centre of each one to bolt the spoiler on. Then re-fit the plastic bungs - job done :smile:

·
land of hope and glory
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i,ll take a look at that tomorrow, thanks.

edit: couldnt wait went to have a look and i see what i think are the plugs, black at either end, i seem to have a third one in the middle too but i guess i dont need to worry about that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts