MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys in Syd... if you see this Mini in the pic below... dont try and take it on... its a weapon. TwinCam1380cc engine has spent like 18k just on the driveline left me for dead!

Attachments

·
The Silverado
800 Posts
wow! is it an engine transplant or is it rebuilt?

thats crazy how he beat you!!! you've got heeps of mods on your car though!! ???

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

There are many track only unregistered classic minis that can kick our butt ;) Those who went to the "All British Race Day" and saw some of the "Superminis" in action would know what I mean :eek:

A road registered car is rather cool though :)

Cheers

Robbo

·
Track Addict
2,622 Posts
Hi,

Oh, BTW,

Nice to meet you today Giles :D :D :D

Thanks for making the effort to drive up from Canberra. I look forward to meeting you on the track sometime ;)

Cheers

Robbo

·
1st MINI Owner in QLD !!!
2,467 Posts
At the moment Honda Intregra motors in the UK are the latest thing. companies make bolt on kits to convert from an A series to a Honda motor. Now thats a weapon :D :D

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This was a 1275ls motor and gearbox shoehorned into an early cooper. not an easy fit.. but it has a twin cam head... bored and stroked... and some very funky Yamaha head!!! only weighs 620 kgs so you can imagine the power to weight ratio.. had a quick talk to him .... very anti new mini's though for a young guy.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I used to do graphics for a guy in the UK who owned a company called Swiftune. They used to race and prepare A series engines...16 valve heads...Jack Knight straight cut gearboxes...huge inlet trumpets with holes in the bonnet.

They dynoed a car and were getting over 200bhp from a 1400cc motor...

Tey also took me for the scariest ride of my life along some lanes in the country... These minis would be looking at around 5-6secs to 100kmh...and I think I am understating the power...

The other scary thing is that the wheel size makes for incredibly tiny discs...

·
Boy who made the wolf cry
10,324 Posts
I love the white interior and fluffy dice... obviously didnt take his interior concept from BMW...

Todd

·
Gone Old School
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alexpalex said:
I used to do graphics for a guy in the UK who owned a company called Swiftune. They used to race and prepare A series engines...16 valve heads...Jack Knight straight cut gearboxes...huge inlet trumpets with holes in the bonnet.

They dynoed a car and were getting over 200bhp from a 1400cc motor...

Tey also took me for the scariest ride of my life along some lanes in the country... These minis would be looking at around 5-6secs to 100kmh...and I think I am understating the power...

The other scary thing is that the wheel size makes for incredibly tiny discs...

That sounds about right!!! he was saying 180bhp and yes it howled.. very interesting.

·
Mullet
91 Posts
Gees - its been a while since i have been in here !

Hope all is well..

There are quite a number of road registered classics in canberra that would slaughter most mini2s.

My old Mini was much quicker than my standard 'S' and i have some friends whos leyland minis were much quicker than my old morris (there are pics around this site somewhere of it) !

The whole new vs old thing is strange... i was part of the old club for quite a while but as soon as i got the new mini and sold my old one i was shunned from the inner circle of classic mini owners !

I guess its because you couldnt readily buy old minis and if you managed to find parts for it the other owners really appreciated how much trouble went into doing it.. with the Mini2 its a simple trip to the dealer for add on fun !

Rick

1 - 13 of 13 Posts