MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
so it is.....
3,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning All

Just wondered if you could help me out on this one. At the minute I'm thinking about adding black viper stripes to my Cooper. If you take a look at the photo (apologies, i only have the one), I have a silver Cooper with a black roof.....so you can see my concerns. Has anyone ever added viper stripes to just the bonnet and the back of the car? or does anyone have any ideas on this.

I can't decide what to do myself, that's why i'm turning to this crazy mini community for some help. :D

Thanks

Lavs

·
Registered
22,101 Posts
I'm in the same quandery about fitting Vipers to my CR/W. White would be out for the same reason Black would be out for you. I thought of black for mine as it contrasts with both colours.

So using that idea you could do white vipers as it would contrast with both the silver and Black.

just a suggestion.

Paul

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had the same problem, here is my thread. And yes I have seen people who have vipers on just front and back. The official mini stripes now have a ghastly authenification stamp on them though which looks like the stripes are ripped so I would advise going to someone like cooperflags for the stripes, they can also do custom vipers for you.

·
owt else is just traffic
1,462 Posts
Yeah that authenticity mark is causing a problem,spoke to a guy at my dealers yesterday and mentioned that i thought that MINI had shot themselves in the foot with this authenticity mark cos people don't seem to like it and therefore will probably be more likely to purchase after market ones that obviously don't have it.'Funny you mention that 'he said,apparently they had ordered three sets in and sent them all back cos the thought they were ripped.Is it right that its a hole of some shape that lets your paint colour show through it ?only goin' on what i've read as i haven't seen it yet

·
Registered
38 Posts
stipes on roof

Another solution which I saw in a photo someplace, and which was quite striking was to have black vipers on your silver bodywork, and white vipers on the black roof. Another solution would be to use colored viper stipes (red?) which would contrast with both silver and black.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
6 Participants
robertjoy
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing