MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on seriously increasing the loading times of the MINI2 forum pages, the slow pages are when you view a discussion.

The main thing that slows down these pages is the "quick reply" box, even in it's minimalist form it still slows things down dramatically.

So.....

Quick Reply is no longer a standard option. It's gone.

But....

If you go to your user control panel, you can switch it back on again, if you really want to...

Click here: Edit Options

I hope that people can understand the reason for it's removal, as speed is the main complaint, and this the main culprit, and I also hope those who do use it don't mind the small inconvenience of having to switch the option back on.

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
Excellent...good job finding the culprit! It had always boggled me why M2 loaded so much slower than other forums, but now that I think about it they all have no quick reply. I do miss it slightly but it is WELL worth the speed gains. And of course making it an option is always the best choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Paul
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing