MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to see if I can round up MINI owners here in the Quiet Corner, Northeastern CT.

For those that don't know, the Quiet Corner is named for just that. We are a relatively a low population spread throughout a large area. The town in which I live is about population 1200 and unbelievably I think we have 4 or 5 Minis here, though I only know one of the owners. Minis are still a bit rare here in the Quiet Corner,and it's a very exciting moment for myself when I come across one.
When I see a Mini here, I have a flyer that I stick in their window about QCM. If anyone here is in this area, please drop me a PM or email!

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mini is in my shop as I am putting on more STUFF. Figures now that I'm driving my Ford Expedition around that I am seeing Minis!

Talked with the driver of a green :green: S with white stripes and found out that it's his bros.in Manchester.
Saw another dark silver :dark: S at the Texico in Windam at around 11:00 am. Anyone of these owners here??? :eek:

·
Registered
366 Posts
I was wondering where you were working on your MINI in the rain yesterday, since your garage was turned into a family room.

I've been meaning to ask you, did Ed give you a duck for your antenna?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tontobird said:
I was wondering where you were working on your MINI in the rain yesterday, since your garage was turned into a family room.

I've been meaning to ask you, did Ed give you a duck for your antenna?
Well, ...... ummmm :D

I have a wood shop (I'm a builder of furniture) and it has a full drive in basement, 30' x 40' roughly, but it was so full of crap. I finally cleaned a spot to fit the Mini, ... a mini spot....:p

Ed surprised me with an excellent pair of mechanic gloves! Love'm.;)

Attachments

·
Registered
366 Posts
My goodness, what are you installing now? I read somewhere that you were putting in some rear control arms, but clearly you're doing more than that!

Ahhh, Mechanix gloves, I got a pair for Christmas last year. It took me a few times of removing my wheels to remember to put them on! They sure are great!

·
Registered
10 Posts
onasled said:
Saw another dark silver :dark: S at the Texico in Windam at around 11:00 am. Anyone of these owners here??? :eek:
Not my dark silver S this time, although I've been known to frequent that area occassionaly, but hardly ever see MINIs :(

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
george_ct said:
Not my dark silver S this time, although I've been known to frequent that area occassionaly, but hardly ever see MINIs :(
I've come to the conclusion that the only way to find another Mini here is to drive a S**tbox ford expedition!
We now have TWO new members of QCM! Yea....:D

Also found another Mini in my town! Very excited ... (LOL)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts