MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got to share this.

Been with Budget for about 3 years now, always been the cheapest on my GP, but for some unknown reason the renewal came through at £1150 instead of the £800 it was last year.

Sat and went through it in detail with them, as I've had no claims or points in the last 12 months, so really it should have gone down:confused:

Anyway, they said they could do no better:(

So on the advice of a few friends I called Admiral, no not Norwich Union, and did a multi policy quote with them.

Doing a multi quote is for anyone that has more than one car per house hold;)

Anyway, by doing this I got the GP down to £520 for the year, and added in the other 2 MINI/mini's, in total for a 12months policy for all 3 cars they are going to cost me the same price as the renewal on the GP:eek:

I strongly recommend that anyone with more than 1 car in the household gives them a try, as they measure how much each driver drives each car, and realise that a driver can only drive one car at a time, this in total really brings the price down.

And you don't have to start them all at the same time, the other cars can be added in as the policies end, and they take all this into account:)

I've never had such a huge reduction in car insurance, and can't recommend them highly enough:)

·
totally sure!
25,310 Posts
Oddly enough my car insurance is due this week and my quote came through at a silly price. I went onto a price comparision site and reduced my insurance by £80. I did the same earlier this year for hubbys insurance too and saved him well over £100. Both these policies were with Esure, the same companies we have been insured with for the last few years. I called them with the new quotes and they honoured the internet price after checking that the policies were like for like!

It really does pay to shop around.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oddly enough my car insurance is due this week and my quote came through at a silly price. I went onto a price comparision site and reduced my insurance by £80. I did the same earlier this year for hubbys insurance too and saved him well over £100. Both these policies were with Esure, the same companies we have been insured with for the last few years. I called them with the new quotes and they honoured the internet price after checking that the policies were like for like!

It really does pay to shop around.
I strongly recommend you give the multi car idea a go Jackie, I did a standard quote with Admiral before the mulit one and that was £800, so it kind of shows how combining them all together reduces it even more;)

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have often wondered how they worked to be honest....perhaps when himselfs insurance is due again I will :)
What they do is ask how much each person drives each car, they tell you how much each car would be for a full 12mths so you can see if its cheaper overall.

So you could enquire for yours now, and see if it works out better for Gary too;)

·
The real JT
2,787 Posts
Presumably you can only gain one lot of NCB at the end of the policy should you decide to move elsewhere?

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Presumably you can only gain one lot of NCB at the end of the policy should you decide to move elsewhere?
No Jimmy, you get them per car as normal;)

They also offer guaranteed no claims protection, which is better than protected, as if you do claim your no claims are not effected, no matter how many times you claim;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts
I'm sure I posted this at the time, but when mine came through it was lower than before, but still high, I got a much cheaper quote from another company online, called back my original insurers, and they matched it. So I stayed put, but got a MUCH better deal.

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did call them back and went through the policy with a fine tooth comb, they couldn't explain the increase or match the new quote, very weird, but still chuffed with Admiral:)

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
Must admit to always using the same Broker/guy and this year was no exception. I even got a named driver on there for free. Mind you, it has not been put to any use yet but I can always change it to someone else's name apparently, also for free. I was quite surprised it was free but hey, I'm not complaining!

:wink:

·
Banned
50,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I bet the person on the phone sounded miffed and depressed at that point, insurers usually do when they know they have no chance of keeping your custom! :D
Couldn't tell really, my Indian is all that good:eek:

Another nice thing about Admiral too was that the guy called Gary sounded like he was in the same time zone;)

·
MINI2 No.1
42,467 Posts

Another nice thing about Admiral too was that the guy called Gary sounded like he was in the same time zone;)
So it wasn't like this...

"I've had my renewal quote, it was very high and I wondered if you could do any better?"

"So you want to renew you're insurance with us?"

"No, I've had my renewal quote, it's very high, and before I go elsewhere, I wanted to see if you could do it cheaper?"

"So, you've had a quote for insurance from us and it's cheaper?"

"No....................."

:eek: :mad:

·
PowerSteeringPumpActivist
8,410 Posts

So he was speaking another language other than Indian? :confused:

Or did you mean to say your Indian isn't all that good? :p

·
Mr Big Stuff
3,475 Posts
So it wasn't like this...

"I've had my renewal quote, it was very high and I wondered if you could do any better?"
"So you want to renew you're insurance with us?"
"No, I've had my renewal quote, it's very high, and before I go elsewhere, I wanted to see if you could do it cheaper?"
"So, you've had a quote for insurance from us and it's cheaper?"
"No....................."
:eek: :mad:
I rang out of fairness to a company and said look your renewal is over a grand dont know were you got that from but sorry its useless. I am going to go elsewhere and pay £600 can you do any better.
Long pause "Er no the price we quote is the best price" "but its astronomical" long pause "Well we are very good" I was stunned and said you bloody better be at that price thankyou and goodnight.

On the multicar thing i found I could get huge discounts on my second car purely because it was a second car basicly £100 for an old Polo to use for driving lessons.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts