MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Chicago MINI Club member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you haven't seen the thread on NAM I totalled the MINI over the weekend. I was on an exit ramp off of I 80 and a deer ran out in front of me. I slammed on the brakes as I was going around a curve, lost control, and ended up off the road and rolled over. Last night my wife and I decided to make the best of it. We decided on an S this time, and order it instead of off the floor. Purple haze/black with premium package, cold weather package, fog lamps, and chrome accents inside and out. After a full year the insurance company told us the car was worth only $375 less than sticker price! Here is a couple of pics of the destruction. I pulled a muscle in my back and sprained my knee. Now look at the pics and see how well the car took care of me. Click pic to enlarge.
on this pic you can see that I first hit the ditch with the front passenger side.
[/url][/IMG]
On this pic you can see the door is out of whack. when it rolled the drivewrs door flew open and when it rolled onto the drivers side it pushed the door 180* from the closed position. I can open the door and make it parallel with the front fender!
[/url][/IMG]
This pic you can see some of the rollover damage.
[/url][/IMG]

·
vroooooommmmmm
174 Posts
Oh my! I know about those deer, and ouch! :eek: So glad you are okay except for minor injuries. Alas, poor Mini Me :( . Long live the new PH/B MCS! :D

·
In my perfect MINI world
371 Posts
Cars (even MINIs) are replaceable. I am glad that you are relatively unharmed. Your misfortune has the effect of making me pleased with my choice of a MINI as a safe auto.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Did the 03 MC has side airbag? Cannot find from the pics. Are they supposed to pop only side impact, or case like this should pop too?

Anyway, teampajn, wish you well.

·
Registered
209 Posts
What I love about your post is that instead of detailing the the pain, trauma and anxiety of your obviously horrific accident, you instead list the spec of your forthcoming replacement............... priceless.

·
MINI2 lurker
613 Posts
glad youre ok, I had a mini one d courtesy car while mine was in for "repeat" work, someone backed into me and made a small scratch on the mini, they had a huge dent in their car !
My response was "thank god its a courtesy car and not mine !, and im glad to know that it can take a big whack and come out unharmed"

obviously yours was harmed in the gymnastics performed by your mini, but as stated its a testiment to the strength of the mini !

·
Chicago MINI Club member
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My side airbags did not deploy. I thought they did that night, but after going to see it during the day I noticed they didn't deploy. I thought they were supposed to during any rollover, but I guess it has to be a side impact, or an extremely violent rollover. Thanks everyone for being so kind!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
About this Discussion
32 Replies
30 Participants
teampajn
MINI Cooper Forum
Join our Mini Cooper Forums to talk about your new Mini. From reviews, mods, accessories, reliability concerns and more, this Mini Owners Club is full of info!
Full Forum Listing