MINI Cooper Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
It might be due to some official nonsense along the lines of:- If you are buying a JCW brake kit you can't have a GP as it is already installed and you can't buy R107s unless you have a GP :rolleyes: .

·
Premium Member
3,485 Posts
It is not nonsense. The GP wheel does not fit without the use of at least a 5mm spacer.

This is due to the spoke design

It is reported elsewhere on the forum by a US member who has an R56 JCW and a GP

There are other 18 inch wheels that also don not fit.

·
Registered
81 Posts
It is not nonsense. The GP wheel does not fit without the use of at least a 5mm spacer.

This is due to the spoke design

It is reported elsewhere on the forum by a US member who has an R56 JCW and a GP

There are other 18 inch wheels that also don not fit.
It is nonsence MINIAC is refering to the old single piston JCW brake kit as this has 294mm disc so can fit 16" wheels, the new JCW brake kit as fitted to factory car comes with 316mm discs and only certain OEM 17" and 18" wheels fit :)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
Doesn't surprise me, saw a GP at Lohen with Stoptechs and he needed something like a 25mm spacer :eek:

·
Canned
13,888 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Please read my original post ...

The brakes in question are the ones with the 294mm front disks.

How can the R107 GP wheels not be approved for these brakes if a model comes from the factory with them? Does the GP come from factory with wheel spacers?

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Sorry your correct the single piston R53 JCW brakes will go under the GP wheels and most 16" rims, I did manage to get some wide aftermarket 15" to fit also!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts