MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Canuck Poster
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Mini2ers,

On the MINI International site (mini.com) in the JCW Challenge section, the flash animation shows a Challenge racer with "different" wheels.

Rather than the 8-pair-of-spokes Challenge wheels, these have 7 paris of spokes and are reminiscent of the BMW CSL wheel.

Pic should be attached.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

·
Canuck Poster
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not R112?

MotoringFile has an update today (28Feb) saying the 17" wheels shown on the "factory" JCW are in fact called the R112. There is also an 18" accessory wheel called the R113 that some have likened to the last generation GP wheel.

So the wheel with the 7 pairs of spokes - that looks like a BBS CV - is still a mystery then...?:confused:

I sure like them though! :biggrin:

·
F43i0
3,727 Posts
MotoringFile has an update today (28Feb) saying the 17" wheels shown on the "factory" JCW are in fact called the R112. There is also an 18" accessory wheel called the R113 that some have likened to the last generation GP wheel.

So the wheel with the 7 pairs of spokes - that looks like a BBS CV - is still a mystery then...?:confused:

I sure like them though! :biggrin:
i thought they looked different!!

I prefer the 7 spoke

any pics of the R113 wheel?

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
They made a good copy didn't they :rolleyes: If they clear the MINI's 4 pots, here is hoping they clear Stoptechs :D Doubt it though :rolleyes:

·
Lost in Mini2
948 Posts
Hi

I'm looking for the part number for the R113 alloys....can anyone help or point me in the right direction..

Thanks
Chris

·
any day now....
141 Posts
Cheers dudes, this thread has made my day!

These R113s look amazing. So they are going to be available in a combined anthricite and polished a la GP? If so, Im going straight to Chris for a set!

The only ones I can see on the JCW Site are 'standard' finish, which is not what I am after...

Brian.

·
Lost in Mini2
948 Posts
Cheers dudes, this thread has made my day!

These R113s look amazing. So they are going to be available in a combined anthricite and polished a la GP? If so, Im going straight to Chris for a set!

The only ones I can see on the JCW Site are 'standard' finish, which is not what I am after...

Brian.

I have already spoken to Chris, and the R113 are only available in the USA. :( but i'm working on a solution ;)

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
R113 only in the US :eek:

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

·
Lost in Mini2
948 Posts
This is what i have found out so far...

R112 silver finish is available in UK :D

R113 polished is available in USA :mad:
R113 black is available in USA :mad:

If i can find a part number for the R113 i should be able to get them...but just having difficulty in getting that part number at moment.

Chris.

·
Lights are on but...
10,330 Posts
I can't afford them anytime soon and would only get them if they clear Big Brakes, but it was something I was going to look into once other things are finished :(

·
Lost in Mini2
948 Posts
I can't afford them anytime soon and would only get them if they clear Big Brakes, but it was something I was going to look into once other things are finished :(
only down side is i think they weigh quite a bit :(

·
any day now....
141 Posts
This is what i have found out so far...
R112 silver finish is available in UK :D

R113 polished is available in USA :mad:
R113 black is available in USA :mad:
Chris.
Thanks Chris.....it seems a very strange decision :puzzled::puzzled::puzzled:
I really want the R113s, I guess I ll have to get creative, they would go perfectly with my Astro Black & Silver theme. Wierd that they showed the wheels on a non-US spec car though. Hopefully if the part number shows up they should be obtainable in the UK. I know that people have gotten the additional side reflectors/repeaters for their cars but these are US-spec as well.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts