MINI Cooper Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the double post but the message that I originally attached this to ended up in the R56 forum.

Hi. I'm wondering if anyone has the right hand drive part # for the R50 / 53 install kit that only includes the mount and wiring. I've managed to track down the part #'s for both US kits including and not including the GPS and only one part # for right hand drive vehicles which includes the GPS that I don't need. My dealership needs the speciffic # in order to get it otherwise it doesn't exist to them because it is not listed in their catalog. Any help would be appreciated.

Garmin Nuvi Mini GPS kits for R50 / 53:

Left hand drive install kit with GPS # 6590 0429 400
Left hand drive install kit only # 6590 0428 284

Right hand drive install kit with GPS # 6590 0428 503
Right hand drive install kit only # ?:confused:

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Someone must have

this part number. And of course the one that I need and want is the only one that I can't find. Anybody?:confused:

·
Laser Blue MCSC Works :)
46 Posts
You want

65 90 0 428 503

Fitted to my R52 yesterday :)

Took about an hour as I could not work out how to get the knee plate and lower column off !!! I have the Garmin 370 so I now have the traffic wires hidden and its all plugged into the aux socket so I get phone/directions and Ipod out the speakers.

Just seen your post above with the same number !!! Thats the part number I gave and it just says bracket on the box and it was £60. If you give me an email addy I can email a photo of the box.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hey.
I am also wanting to install this kit to my Mini.

I need the right hand drive kit (to place the gps on the left of the rev counter).

Which part number do I need for UK kit? Also, will it fit any garmin (I have the 200W)

Zato - do you have any pics of your install? :)

Chris

·
<')))<
2,019 Posts
Part number is in reply above. It's designed for the 350 series, no other. Whether you can use it for a 200 is another question entirely.

Pictures of my it in my old cooper can be found by searching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts